jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Weird Page Views

1. sabrebIade profile image86
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

I've noticed my page views seem to be very inconsistent, and when I asked about this a few weeks ago I was told it had to do with a sliding window as far as updates go which is fine, I understand that.
    But after looking at the view over the past few hours, I don't see how this could be a sliding window.

12:40 AM 991 page views
    10:20 AM 866
    1:00 PM 830
    2:30 PM 820

Now according to my stats, my page views have been steadily declining since Midnight, not going up.

If someone could help me understand better how this works, I would greatly appreciate it.

BTW, if it's a glitch that has been addressed elsewhere, I apologize.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think you still aren't clear on what a moving window means.

As an example, your day views total at 2:30pm would include all the views from 2pm the previous day to 2pm that day.  Similarly the views total at 10:20am would include all the views from 10am the previous day to 10am that day.  Your total at 2:30pm can lower than the total at 10:20am if you got less traffic from 10am to 2pm today than you did yesterday (in your case 46 fewer views).

2. 0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Its page views for the past 24 hours, not for a specific date. Midnight is irrelevant. If you look at your watch now, and then again in an hour, you have added the page views from an hour and lost the page views from another hour.

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ah. Very clear now. Always thought it was strange and i was being fleeced somehow.

2. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ah. Very clear now. Always thought it was strange and i was being fleeced somehow.

3. sabrebIade profile image86
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

Whew....okay...I think I get it now.
    I was thinking like stat counter where its a set 24 hour period.

Thank you!

4. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 7 years ago

Wow, I never knew this.  Good piece of information to have!

5. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

What about this issue?  I finished my T’giving HubMob hub about 0300 this morning, but saved it unpublished, so I could proof it one more time.   At 1300 this afternoon, it was showing unpublished, but 10 views.   What’s with that?

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Each time you save unpublished, and edit, it counts as a page view. Your own views count.

1. rmcrayne profile image94
        rmcrayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Ryan!  That must be it.  After I saved unpublished, I went back in 1 time, but I edited multiple capsules.

6. broussardleslie profile image82
    broussardleslieposted 7 years ago

You guys are so helpful! Thank you for all the great information.

working