jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How Do I Know I'm Being Seen?

1. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 7 years ago

Sorry - just started a few days ago and have 4 hubs but still trying to feel my way around a bit.  Is my URL supposed to be
       //com/profile/user name or ...hubpages.com/usern

Secondly, does ebay take a while to get a confirmation on? It was confirmed or so I thought but then it is reading Not Set again on settings.

Do folks ever check newbies' hubs and give helpful hints on how to get better, etc? 

Read a lot of hubs and enjoy so many of them - some of the HELP pages though don't seem to cover some of the things or maybe I'm just being dense!

Thanks in advance for your time!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not sure what you're asking, but if you go to your profile page, or any of your Hubs, your URL is whatever it says in the address bar.

2. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

People do see new Hubs, but I don't think it's generally people's practices to offer suggestions/critique on the writing or "mechanics" of the Hub.  More often, people will comment on message/information being offered.

If you are interested in getting feedback you can go to "Extreme Hub Make-Over" (a forum category).  That's where you new Hubbers can ask for feedback and information on specific Hubs (as opposed to general "help" questions like this one, which goes into this category).

akirchnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you - will do!

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Welcome, akirchner.  Lisa is right - post one or two Hubs in the Makeover section for feedback.  Otherwise, if you participate in forums and leave comments on other people's Hubs, they'll get curious and check your Hubs out.

Have you read the Getting Started guide? There's a huge amount of material in there, including links to Hubs that explain all about how to Hub:

If you have been accepted by eBay and HubPages is showing as confirmed on your eBay account, don't worry about the "confirm domain" button on Hubpages - it doesn't go away.  However if your eBay is still showing as "not set", did you do the "confirm domain" thing?

akirchnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is showing as "not set" on ebay affiliates location and I did paste in the confirmation code, etc.  Will wait I guess to hear from ebay as I emailed them to find out what to do.

Will do on the Makeover forum - can I submit 2 that I've already done?

Have read over the overview a bunch of times but some of it is not quite making total sense to me but will keep reading it!  Thanks for the help!!!

4. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

you can ask for help/opinions on any hub, new or old in the extreme makeover forum. You can also ask any questions u have about hubpages in general right here. Plus helpful hubbers are always around and you can reach many via email on their profile pages.

And yes, hubbers do checkout newbies wink