jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

I have a question about hubpages and internet ethics.

1. 0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

Is it okay to post names, email addresses and phones numbers directly related to a fraudulent company for sake of exposure? 

These would be names, email, and numbers used for business.

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't know right off, but if you email HP staff, they can tell you quickly.

That being said, there's nothing like good word of mouth to tell people about scams. If not acceptable on HP, I'd blog it everywhere I could, especially subject related blogs.

Hope this helps.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You would do best to talk with a lawyer before you take any actions such as this.  Declaring fraud has very specific legal conditions for it to be true, and done improperly, you'll be sued.

2. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

I would be very careful about doing that, and have absolute proof and full disclousure of the fraud before considering it.

3. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

Its one thing to post an opinion, quite another to publish a "Statement of fact"

4. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

I'd be very, very careful about that, and I wouldn't recommend doing it on HubPages.

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

5. deartfuldodger profile image60
    deartfuldodgerposted 7 years ago

Its best to take advantage of sites like ripoffreports.com and theconsumerist.com also BBB online

If its publicly available information that could be found on their site and not found via a private or privileged relationship than you an dyour host are technical safe for posting that

As far as calling a company a Fraud - as long as you are open that it is your opinion and true experience you would not actually lose a suit held against you BUT most companies can afford to be an annoyance and damge and fight back for such actions and it is quite a hassle

So if that is your real name, I wouldnt use it.

That is my undersatnding of teh ethics and law of teh situation. Check out "cash for gold scam" at teh cosnumerist, cash4gold sued a whistleblower and it has been quite a hardship for her although she was most likely not guilty of any fraud, libel or slander