Ebay requesting that I post .txt file on hubpages.com

1. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 7 years ago

I have read the posts and the solutions re: getting the Ebay affiliate program to work and am beginning to see it is not just me!  It gave me an absolute headache now 3 days running trying to get it to work.  I spent 30-45 minutes on the phone with them as well yesterday to no avail.  This morning, I received an email stating that I need to take the confirmation code (which I received by email) and save it as a txt file (which I had done already) - and put it on hubpages.com because they are "checking me out" as they put it and without that txt file there, I cannot be activated?  I am puzzled as I do not see any place on hubpages where we can go in and manually upload a file.  Help?  I am getting the feeling from the posts that it is a moot point and we should just go on writing and forget about all the "free clicks" for now.  I also tried the helpful hint on putting in the fake code - I guess I shall just keep on trucking until there is a resolution!  So hoping not to receive the rejection letter as that may just give me another headache - ha!

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You haven't read HubPages directions fully.  You put the authorization code into a slot on your affiliate page, you can't upload a .txt file to HubPages.

1. akirchner profile image96
      akirchnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Actually I know that part and did read the directions fully - EBAY is the one telling me I need to upload a text file which obviously I cannot - I was just asking if anyone ELSE had received this totally erroneous information from EBAY?

Thanks though for the response!