jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (27 posts)

What would you do for 3 days?

1. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Just survived 3 days without phone, internet or television. They're all through my cable company. But one of my neighbors moved last weekend and the cable company turned off service to the wrong house -- my house! Took the nincompoops 3 days to figure out the problem, and I had to be here the whole time while they were running back and forth.

So, what would you do if you had 3 days without phone, internet or TV? My dogs are pooped from all the walks and my house has never been cleaner!

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i could definitely get along without tv, but would have to go get a per use phone and use the internet at the library or coffeeshop because i need to stay connected or i would have problems.

2. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Exercise, cook, go swimming, eat, cook, exercise, spend time with my kid eating, swimming, walking, cooking, cleaning... wait, I already do that.

I would spend 3 days wondering what the rest of the world is doing.

3. 0
      SeXyCposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow, that's tough. 3 DAYS!! I've had to go w/out electricity on a few occasions which lasted for upwards of 20 hours and that alone was torture. 3 days w/out internet connectivity would seriously disable me. I suppose I would go ahead and take my laptop to the local coffee shop w/ wifi and stay there all day. And, in the evenings, would clean clean clean as well.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I would read a lot and clean house smile And sleep smile

1. rsmallory profile image85
      rsmalloryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

me too!

1. Paradise7 profile image84
        Paradise7posted 7 years ago in reply to this

And me!  Especially read.  It sounds like heaven, actually, now that I come to think about it!

3. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

I would write Hubs or draw mostly. If not, I would go out and do stuff, go window shopping or if I needed a computer go to the library. I have an ok answer for everything, when I was younger I used to go to a nice private lake to a cottage my grandmother owns, it has no phone, used to have tv bunny ears for 6 channels(not anymore thanks to digital...) and no internet at all. We played lots of board games, went swimming, and used to do craft-type things.

4. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I did it back in July. 7 days would you believe smile

Loved it too. I was on a rock in the atlantic. Was restful, peaceful - heavenly.

Unfortunately the rock was more a home to a million shitty seagulls than it was for folks but I bore up well. I'm a top dodger me wink

If it was home - read. Watch some DVDs I keep meaning to sit and enjoy. String more than I have been of late. Probably take a much intended walk up to my cemetary and take some photographs maybe.

5. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago

I'd read.
    I have a couple books I've been meaning to get around to....

6. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 7 years ago

When we moved, we went without all three for a week, until the cable company could get here...ugh...

We watched a ton of movies during the early evening hours that we are usually on the computer, and talked about everything under the sun, then hubby Tom went to bed early, and I took advantage of the opportunity and read a LOT of books, lol...

My boys mainly watched movies, over and over...hahaha.  But they're older--if they were young'uns, I would've sent them outside to play, but kids in their 20's don't tend to do that very often anymore, lol...big_smile

7. Dolores Monet profile image91
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

A great excuse to spend time outside. Once out there, you'd find plenty to do.

8. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

I would go out exploring, read, write, attempt to work on my back office which hopelessly needs clearing out, listen to music, swim... I wondered where you were. smile glad to see you back.

9. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

When my laptop crashed, I spent a lot of time shredding loads of old documents!

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

shredding can be so therapeutic..

lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm...I do think you're onto something here. I'll have to try it next time I get stressed out! smile

10. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 7 years ago

I'd catch up on some sleep, because while I'm here I never sleep much!

11. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I would read, write a lot, sleep, & clean.

12. Wendi M profile image82
    Wendi Mposted 7 years ago

Drive over to my sister's house.  She's has 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms!

13. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 7 years ago

I would catch up on my reading and painting. I love to do both but with so many distractions I rarely get around to do either. The peace and quiet would be welcomed.

14. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I'd have parties with my friends and family and watch CD's with my hunny, maybe do some painting or writing and a lot of walking the dogs.

15. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Too funny, Sandra! And Ralwus, somehow I knew your answer would involve a party! smile

16. areyouserious profile image60
    areyouseriousposted 7 years ago

spend time with my two daughters playing and spend time with the wife. I work alot

17. shamelabboush profile image58
    shamelabboushposted 7 years ago

Reading would be my first choice then I might think of paying some visits too...

18. hoodieweather profile image59
    hoodieweatherposted 7 years ago

1) Write in my journal.
    2) Ride my bike.
    3) Do homework/study.
    4) Eat food. Lots.
    5) Go to the gym.
    6) Hang out with friends/family.
    7) Sleep.

19. SunShineSnow profile image70
    SunShineSnowposted 7 years ago

Dang computer runs so slow sometimes that wouldn't bother me too much. I unplugged the phone anyway, got tired of the thing ringing. Without the tv I guess I could catch up on some long overdue reading. Been cleaning the house like crazy the last few days getting ready for new grand daughter due in three weeks.

lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Congrats on the new (future) addition! I just had my first grandbabies -- twin girls -- two months ago. You're gonna love it, Granny!

If you want some great grandparent stories, find Earnestshub and ask him to share. His stories are a riot!