jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

website behind word in text capsule

1. 0
    troseposted 7 years ago

I have noticed that people are able to insert a website link behind a word used in their text capsules. 

For ex: The new book can be found here (with the word here in blue to click on and connect with the website)

How do you do this?

1. queenbe profile image60
      queenbeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi there. On the capsule at the top right, there is a horseshoe looking figure that you click on and it brings up a box to insert the address link you want to link to. (ie: www. or http) After you print in the link click 'done' and it is all set.

1. deartfuldodger profile image60
        deartfuldodgerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

its a chain "link"

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

keep trying, you'll get it. with the capsule open to write, highlight the word and click on the link icon. it should open a box where you copy and paste the url you want to use. then you close the box and it should work. good luck. smile

2. 0
    troseposted 7 years ago

Thank you very much for you help!  I tried to use the chainlink capsule in the text capsule box and it is grayed out so that I cannot use it.  I will try again and I'm sure I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thank You!

1. deartfuldodger profile image60
      deartfuldodgerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There are two chain links, one has a symbol as if it is being broken.

Highlight the selected text you wan t to link, than click the first chain link icon.

A window pops up (make sure you arent blocking pop-ups maybe?)

it has a spot to insert an url, the second fiels has a dropdown so you can quickly link to your own hubs

the second chanlink is for removing a link

3. Song-Bird profile image82
    Song-Birdposted 7 years ago

I'm glad you asked the question.  I was wondering the same thing!

4. Song-Bird profile image82
    Song-Birdposted 7 years ago

I just tried doing it.  I highlighted the word I want the link behind and then click on the chain box.  The box seems active (not grayed out) but nothing happens.  I'm at a loss.

1. Appletreedeals profile image84
      Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yoy have to highlight the text you want to link before clicking the link icon.

Then when insert link box comes up, cursor will be flashing in spot to type in the link address you want to use.

Then just click "insert" at the bottom of the box and voila' you have linked text.

5. 0
    troseposted 7 years ago

Aha!  I do have my computer set to block pop-ups. I bet that is the problem.  Thank you!

working