jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

many reader but no comments.Why?

1. 0
    gurubaranpyposted 7 years ago

I can see many readers in my hubs but comments were persisitently zero.Why? Is there anything wrong Iam doing?

1. Jackson Riddle profile image69
      Jackson Riddleposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think how successful your hubs are is related to the number of comments, so if you believe that you have written good quality hubs you probably should be satisfied enough with yourself and not be discouraged just because it appears that noone 'appreciates' your hubs enough to comment on them when they actually do like the hubs.

2. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The only thing I would change is on each topic locate a pic that represents what you are discussing. Your pic appears in all of them. smile There are many websites that allow you to use there pics just make certain you notate what what website or photographer took the photos.smile

3. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know this sounds rude but, do you have a comments capsule in your hubs? 

I didn't get any comments with a lot of readers once and another hubber asked me via another source why I didn't have a comments capsule.

I just plain forgot.

2. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 7 years ago

I am now posting more pictures on my hubs . Good advice from AEvans there . I mean how long would you want to stare at this mug ?

1. AEvans profile image73

Forever!!!! big_smile

1. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 7 years ago in reply to this

See this Is why I love ya  ! You are good for my self esteem . big_smile

1. AEvans profile image73

I am so glad!!! big_smile ((Big Hugs))

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

You asked this a couple of days ago in another thread and didn't bother coming back after posting it in the forums.

One of the key things is not to 'turn off' potential readers with your presentation (which you have given little attention to).  Your 'guru' name and self promotional photos; from my point of view; are a Turn Off to reading an unknown party's hubs. They might be brilliant, but to me; they are just self promotional; which I personally can't be bothered with!

The next MOST Important thing for new members here is that they get off their butts & genuinely show interest in the writers on site that you would wish to have respond to you!

You do this by reading and commenting on their works and becoming known this way and not from going on fanning sprees with a stupid comment that shows that you Really Haven't familiarised yourself with our work.

For your own work; please do yourself a favour and Spell Check your work before publishing it. That shows that you take some pride in what you generate and certainly helps develop quality.

Don't be discouraged by what I'm saying here. If this hurts your feelings; Sorry... But you have an honest appraisal hmm