jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

1. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

I give up. Can't put links into a hub. Can someone help. The little linky
    thing does not work unless you highlight something. So I highlight
    the link word I am going to use, and the linky thing works. So click,
    put the url in, open in new, then title or not don't matter, then insert
    and it doesn't work. Yesterday it would show blue, but when save text capsule, the whole paragraph would dissapear. Today can get to show blue, then save and there is nothing there, but my link word in plain
    black text, but does work no matter what I do. Frustration. Thanks

1. Cathanne profile image60
      Cathanneposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you write out your piece in google documents, then cut and paste it into the edit capsule all your links stay. You can even get it so that the links open in a new window. At least, this has worked for me.

2. knolyourself profile image61

Thanks, that didn't work either.

3. trakker14 profile image60
    trakker14posted 8 years ago

it is easy to place  links on your page-hub edit-go to the link -- hit edit, add your url in the space it asks for, and the name of the link in its proper space.  then hit test url or link and it should fill it in for you..then hit save.

4. knolyourself profile image61

k did it. Funny it didn't work before, but now it did. I just used
    a link word, no http://. Highlighted it. Clicked the linky thing. Pasted in the url. But did not give it a title. It made the highlighted word the link.
    Thanks again.

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

It's fairly confusing, but the "title" field in the link popup box is actually supposed to be for setting the title attribute on the link (which would show up as a "tooltip" if you roll over the link).  But we actually strip those out along with a lot of other disallowed html, so it does absolutely nothing.

Eventually we'll eliminate that title box (and maybe the popup as well).   It comes as part of the tinymce editor plugin which is something we use, but did not create.  Unfortunately, the amount of effort required to clean that up on our part versus the benefit it would provide hasn't reached our the right threshold yet, which is fancy way of saying that we've had bigger fish to fry.

6. knolyourself profile image61

Thanks Pauldeeds. Been having a hard time figuring this link thing out. Think the problem was a ghost in the machine, but since I didn't know the right way, I assumed it was me and not the ghost. Think I learned it now.