jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (18 posts)

Copied content on Flixya once again.

1. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

http://hubpages.com/profile/maotianwu201

Why don't you write your own articles? You've completely copied one of mine on Flixya - how many other hubber's hard work have you plagiarised? Or written work from elsewhere?

And as direct as this is - other hubbers should know we've got the worst kind of word thief. One of our own.

DMCA filed. Remove my work before Flixya does.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

how that guy has ANY fans here is beyond me yikes

2. frogdropping profile image86

And I see you've also robbed one of Mark Knowles top hubs. Seriously - how many others have you pasted around the web?

3. cindyvine profile image88
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

That is so wrong!  Beat him to a pulp, Froggy!

frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know I should be flattered (shouldn't I?) but I'm not. I'm annoyed. A fair bit of his stuff isn't nabbed.

It's worse because he's a hubber. I know plagiarism is plagiarism but this seems more sneaky Cindy hmm

He's removed mine already - or someone has.

He even had a few comments saying how good it was neutral

4. cindyvine profile image88
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

Mark better go after him as well

5. Helen Cater profile image59
    Helen Caterposted 7 years ago

How did you find this out frogdropping I have tried to look on there but can't find him.

Hubpages alert in my account. Went and looked and there it was. Very naughty to do such a thing, to anyone.

But in case you wonder if anyone's done it to you (sometimes HP take a while to notice - he had mine on Flixya from at least the start of September) just copy a few lines from the start of one of your hubs, paste it into Googles' search bar and hit enter.

If it's copied elsewhere it will show up.

6. thranax profile image49
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

WOW FROG! I had my article stolen and put on Docstoc.com. It was just loaded there today and it was the 1st Hub I checked to see if it was stolen!

Filing DMCA...

~thranax~

Good for you thranax - and it happens over and again. Nature of doing anything online I guess.

Helen - HP didn't notice another of mine that was copied and pasted but it's not their fault. Usually it shows up at some point. At least they've got safeguards in place, even if they take a while.

7. Helen Cater profile image59
    Helen Caterposted 7 years ago

I had one a while ago but it was only me checking in the google search that I found it and several others from hubpages stolen. They removed it within a week and hubpages never warned me even though he had it for over a month.

8. thranax profile image49
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Look, its clear as day! They only added a 3 at the end of the title..what an idiot. Added 2 hours ago..

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/thranax/Hubpage%20Graphics/clearcopyright.png

~thranax~

9. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Frog, Here's the guy's Google AdSense ID -     pub-1671102504603096. Report him to Google, if you haven't already. Once they pull his account, hopefully he won't bother anymore!

10. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

Crikey! Thats just awful. Glad you caught this guy! I hope hubpages has a good look at this person! Its good that the majority here are proud to contribute original and unique content of all sorts. I expect vigilance on all our parts is the only real way to keep this sort of thing in check.

11. frogdropping profile image86

lrohner thanks for that smile Where did you get it?!

kirsten - a lot of hubpage stuff turns up at Flixya. It's time they tightened up their system. If HP can make use of such software, so can they. And they really need to.

12. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

This sucks!  Since it is a hubber - I won't call "it" one of our own - because it is an IT - theif.  Go get 'em Froggy!  With all the allies users on here, ya never know who is lurking around!

I have, I have. I don't like getting anyone though. I'm capable of fronting folks but I'd rather they didn't behave in a way that makes it have to happen.

It's just so dumb huh? hmm

13. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

We all know this kind of crap happens; but it's so disgusting that there are so many people out to steal what someone else works for.  There's just that extra element of "scumminess"
    involved.  mad

working