jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)

Google adwords tool no longer free?

1. Appletreedeals profile image82
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

Maybe I'm have a brain-glitch, but...

When I try using Google's adwords tool - which I used frequently

I now get this message
    "Your session has expired. Please return to the AdWords homepage and login again."

When I login with my google acct. (I don't have an Adwords acct.) it tells me it's not an adwords acct. Duh.

I can't access the tool anymore

It is me? or is it no longer free?

1. wesleycox profile image83
      wesleycoxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

me neither, it sucks.

2. thranax profile image48
      thranaxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I can get into it with Adwords. I paid the 5 dollars cuz they offered $100 in ads free..I didn't want to but now I can still use the tool.
      I guess it isn't free anymore.

~thranax~

2. DennisBarker profile image61
    DennisBarkerposted 7 years ago

You have to sign up seperately for your adwords account. It sounds like you are using the external keywords tool which has a timeout built into it.

Just signup for adwords using the email you used at adsense and the two accounts will synch up.

3. Drew Breezzy profile image81
    Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago

i have had no problem

4. KevCC profile image50
    KevCCposted 7 years ago

I've just been using it, no probs.

5. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

No problem here either.

6. Song-Bird profile image82
    Song-Birdposted 7 years ago

I just signed up using my same email as adsense and I was up and running again smile

7. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

I haven't had any problems, either.

8. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 7 years ago

You need to have a google adwords account. It is not hard to get one just do not put any ads in rotation simple as that wink

9. Appletreedeals profile image82
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

thanks all,

10. LVM profile image53
    LVMposted 7 years ago

I noticed this too. All I did was to sign up for adwords.

11. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 7 years ago

Whew - glad I'm not the only one!  I went to use it earlier today and got the same response.  I had to sign up for adwords, but don't plan on using it - got my access back to the keyword tool though!

12. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 7 years ago

It works fine for me. If it ever times out just have it bookmarked and go back to the https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal URL to start a new session.

13. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 7 years ago

I had the same problem.  I had to sign up for Adwords to get it to work again.  Not sure if that is just for today or what.

14. rumbling profile image32
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

That error comes because your session has timed out , don't worry about it , just go the link again and start over , I get this error sometimes and that is what I do , works fine for me

1. Lily Rose profile image83
      Lily Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, it definitely wasn't a timed out issue because I tried to start all over again - every which way there is and it would not let me! 

I had to sign up for AdWords to get it working again.

2. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Google must have changed things a little. I was using the tool after being here and I ended up getting the same thing. I just used my gmail account I use for my Adsense Publisher account and added Adwords to it.

On the plus side I don't have to use the catchpa every time I visit the site when I'm logged in.

working