jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Oh good, palagarism

1. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 7 years ago

My hub(5 Ways to Embarrass Yourself at a Job Interview) was copied word for word for this winning website: http://www.squibcrib.com/humanresources.html.

As far as I can tell, the entire page is nothing but stolen content which is classy, for certain.  I've sent the editor an e-mail asking for the content to either be removed or modified to include only a small portion of the article, my name, and a link to the original webpage.

A quick domain search showed he registered with godaddy, who I believed has a pretty stringent "no copyrighted material" rule.  Has anyone had any real luck getting stolen content taken care of in the past?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I file Notice of Infringement statements regularly, and they do get honored.  I've only had to escalate to filing with the ISP a handful of times, but it usually never goes beyond contacting the admin for the site.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Yes, I've filed a few and they've been actioned.

By the way, has it occurred to you that by posting a hyperlink to his site, you're doing him a favour?

4. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago

My friend, it happens to the best of us - in the end I just got irritated and posted:

"All my hubs are protected under British and American Copy Right Law. All rights reserved Luke Andrew Marr 2009 © All titles of poems and poems are copy righted. All my work is protected under the 1911 Copy Right Act and the 1956 Copy Right Act which state that the second I have written it down it becomes protected by Copy Right Law. I am also protected under the 1998 Sonny Bono Act which states that my work is protected for 120 years. It is protected by American, English, Australian and many other Copy Right Laws. On top of that I am also protected by the Intellectual Property Law and the Database Right of EU Law. I am also protected by the related author rights thus stated in (Art. 1 Rome; Art. 7.1 Geneva; Art. 1.2 WPPT).  Basically, the message here is; don't try and plagiarize because I know my stuff."

It's on my page. Took me hours to find all that stuff out.

5. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago

Haven't had an issue since