jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

FAO: HUBPAGES STAFF

1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Your website is being brought down before our very eyes, so please say something to put our minds at rest. Or at least call your lawyers.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/24060

I dont know what time it is in San Francisco, but hands off cocks and on socks..... this must be costing you hundreds of dollars an hour.

1. waynet profile image50
      waynetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah that'll do it Ryan!!lol!

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is pretty bad.... do they have a telephone number? Because I cant imagine anything more important that they could be doing to be honest.

1. waynet profile image50

Yes I know, they should be on around now, because isn't America time around 5 hours behind us or something...

To have all these views took away in the space of a week or so is bad shite!!

1. profile image0

I think the west is 8 hours behind...... so its half 2 in the afternoon now for them. BUT...... it is Sunday isn't it, do they even work on Sundays?

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
              rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this
              1. rebekahELLE profile image91
                rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hate when that happens. sorry I posted my response in your message. hmm

on the west coast it is about 4:35 now, football is probably on t.v. hopefully someone has been notified.

2. waynet profile image50

probably not....maybe in the morning then, but someone should be checking from time to time to moderate forums or something!!

1. profile image0

I agree. They need a weekend forum mod, checking 3 or 4 times a day. That is going to cost them $100 max for some housewife to action 'reports'. I bet this episode has cost them thousands of dollars today alone.

2. atil profile image61
    atilposted 7 years ago

West Coast time is 4:35 pm

3. arthriticknee profile image88
    arthritickneeposted 7 years ago

The same question must be asked of the docstoc.com staff.

Their reputation with google is about to be toast (if it isn't already too late)

There is no quicker way to go bust than losing control of your site.

They must have no control at all if someone can upload the best part of 1 million articles in a month and not get flagged.

Interesting to see what happens to them in the next few weeks.

1. profile image0

To be honest with you, I am much more concerned that Hubpages are sitting at home eating popcorn and drinking coca-cola. They have a business with turnover which is likely to be at least a couple of million dollars a year, and they havent even noticed this themselves. What the hell happened to the plagiarism checks, it looks to me like they are being tight with the copyscape prescriptions too. I just dont understand how you can let this happen to your business, there are 7 people in their office, and not 1 of them spends half an hour a week checking this stuff. It has made me think a little about whether I should be investing so much time in trusting hubpages with my content, when I could be working towards building page rank for my blogs.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
        Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm curious, Ryan, do you spend 24/7 on your job?

While we appreciate your concern, and being notified of issues such as this, there is no need to be abusive.

4. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 7 years ago

It's late afternoon and a holiday weekend (albeit a holiday not celebrated widely anymore).  Hyperbole aside, I am upset as anyone to see my top performing hubs that earn me my best adsense revenue being copied but the account will all but certainly be banned once adsense receives a few hundred complaints in an hour.

No need to panic, so to speak.

5. arthriticknee profile image88
    arthritickneeposted 7 years ago

I agree Ryan.

Someone should be keeping at least a vague eye on the goose that's laying the golden egg.

The interent changes so rapidly and new threats can pop up anytime.

This is a good example of how much can be stolen in the blink of an eye.

We have the right to expect that our 40% contribution to the hubpages slush fund includes a little protection from large scale threats.

Closed to reply

working