jump to last post 1-22 of 22 discussions (32 posts)

A blog with 100's of our Hubs copied- sorry to be a pain in the a$$

1. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

A blog called You and Me magazine (http: //www.sunday136.cn/) and Buyu Food (  http: //buyu369.cn/?p=274) has stolen 100's of our Hubs.  I've contacted some of the hubbers whose work I've found, but now realize the enormity of the theft and can't individually contact everyone.  This blog is not Adsense enabled.  I can't figure out how to contact anyone on the site.  I've just posted comments on my stolen hubs asking them to be taken down.  Any ideas what can be done (Sunforged will no doubt have a great idea).  It's just a really weird site, check it out.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news after the docstoc debacle, but, as a victim of this site's theft as well as docstoc's, I figured any hubber affected would want to know. 

Thanks, all.

1. Beth100 profile image84
      Beth100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

She's taken some of my hubs too -- blew that steam last night until the stars were twinkling off this morning.  Frankly, it's copied word for word, and it doesn't help to keep steaming over it.  If they really want to steal, they'll find a way.

It's unfortunate, but take it as a compliment that your writing is great and worthy of being stolen!  big_smile

2. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I looked through it last night. It seems all of the posts were made 5/18.

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I still don't like it, pretty much everything there is taken from HP.  I'd like to figure out how to get it down, can't figure out any way to trace the blog.  It's very irritating.

3. profile image0

This person has another new website up called Buyu Foods where there is hubbers work:  http://buyu369.cn/?p=274

4. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Thanks bubblicious Im gonna take a look wink

5. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

The problem is that they're not displaying AdSense, so not much you can do there. Although their publisher ID is clearly available but the ads aren't showing up. The domain is in China, so not much to do there either. I think Sunforged said it was a blogger blog? Could be. Looks like it. Google owns Blogger, so you could try reporting it to them.

6. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Here is the whois info for the site

Domain Name: sunday136.cn
    ROID: 20081231s10001s27536752-cn
    Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Registrant Organization: ?????????????
    Registrant Name: ????????????
    Administrative Email: wunai123wunai@163.com
    Sponsoring Registrar: ??????????????????????????
    Name Server:ns1.dreamhost.com
    Name Server:ns2.dreamhost.com
    Name Server:ns3.dreamhost.com
    Registration Date: 2008-12-31 22:21
    Expiration Date: 2009-12-31 22:21

Since it hasnt been updated in months, i owuldnt be surprised if its never renewed next month

Blanking all the registrant info is against ICANN regulations, if you wanted to pursue it, you can have the site quickly taken down for false or missing registrar info

http://www.icann.org/en/compliance/faq.html#part4

lrohner, i dont think that was me ..its a wordpress site on its own domain, so its not blogger

7. profile image0
  8. Sufidreamer profile image81
    Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago

Wouldn't worry about that one too much - I have had problems with Chinese sites.

They tend to disappear from the search engines pretty quickly smile

9. Francis911 profile image61
    Francis911posted 7 years ago

I hope my hubs are secured.

10. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Contacting DreamHost would work also.

Not sure if you should be worried about this one to much.

My prelim research shows almost no traffic to the site and I tested a small piece of text taken from a hub that is copied onto teh site.

"Disney made the great animated film 101 Dalmatians in 1961. Then in 1996 they made a real film with Glenn Close"

First result 'wiki' , looks like the hub wasnt all that original to begin with!

hubpages article at position 5 - the sunday136.cn site is nowhere to be seen, probably doesnt rank at all since its all dupe content

The associated twitter to both sites is

http://twitter.com/sophieqd

there havent been updates in months

using that same username sophieqd, you can find a bukisa account with copied content(ezine) also (not updated in months)

http://www.bukisa.com/people/sophieqd

and here is the hubprofile of teh same user (has the same pic)

http://hubpages.com/profile/sophieqd

1. profile image0

Thanks, everyone.  I'm feeling pissy after the whole ordeal this weekend.  I really want to tell these SOB's what I think of them.  How friggin' rude.  One of the articles even had the Hubpage challenge logo on it.  Sheesh.  The nerve.

2. sunforged profile image64
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

did you see that^----  the hubpages profile probably is linked to his/her email

1. profile image0

Just found that, lordy.

11. profile image0

I think this is also her:  http://www.flixya.com/user/sophiesd

12. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

I'm pretty much the biggest dumbass there is when it comes to internet/computer technical stuff, so I'll just ask.  Is it possible for hubpages to disable the right mouse button on these pages.  I believe if someone intent to steal our work by cutting and pasting would not do it if they had to re-type everything.  Just a thought.

1. sunforged profile image64
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yes, its a javascript code, youll see it at photo sites that wont let you right click and copy photos

BUT, you just go into your browser settings and disable java, then you can copy if you like

anybody who wants to copy it will probably know that.

A lot of times people use programs to "scrape" teh content froma  site, there really isnt a way to stop this...unfortunately the bad guys are smarter...the goods guys just play catch up

2. profile image0

I like it, I like it a lot, wesley.

13. Stacie L profile image85
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

it says 'share everything"
    yeah share everything,whether you want to or not! hahahaha

I need to have some comic relief now:D

14. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

What about PDF?  Is that even an avenue?

Wordscribe: Glad you liked it.

15. profile image0
  16. Sufidreamer profile image81
    Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago

If I remember rightly, Bukhisa and Ezine are pretty good at taking down content.

Flixya - that is one site that I would love to see disappear mad

1. Rhianni32 profile image82
      Rhianni32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

You and me both. I'm not very found of Flixya at all.

17. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

I just clicked the link and found one of my  hubs right away. But when I started to read it, found that they had changed some words. It looked like it had been turned into a Mad Lib because it no longer made any sense. Sorry, I had to laugh. It was ridiculous. If you find one of your hubs, give it a read and see what they've done to it.

1. profile image0

That is funny, sadly mine are stolen word for word, even using my pet's and children's names.

18. wrenfrost56 profile image82
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

Another one! Jeeez this is getting stupid, thanks for the info wordscribe, just going to check it out now.

19. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

And the trouble with talking about these people is that now we are all running over to check out the site and she's getting more traffic.

1. profile image0

I know, I thought about that, too.  I'm over it now.  Have accepted it's just part of online writing and I'm not going to waste any more time with it.

20. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I think that's the right move, WS. I only worry when the site is monetized and/or ranks higher than the original content in Google. This site didn't meet either criteria.

21. Lori J Mitchell profile image60
    Lori J Mitchellposted 7 years ago

What is docstoc?  I found one of mine on docstoc lastnight and complained through the contact us button and it has now been removed.  Thank goodness!

http://www.docstoc.com/documents/most-recent/

22. Choke Frantic profile image88
    Choke Franticposted 7 years ago

This is horrible! I hope none of my hubs get stolen.

working