jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Internal LInks

1. one2get2no profile image88
    one2get2noposted 7 years ago

Could someone help me understand what an internal link is. I understand that Hub pages doesn't allow more than 2 internal links. I have linked several of my hubs together because they are about the same topic. So one hub has 5 links on it. Are these internal links? I also have links coming in from Twitter, Facebook, Blogger and Word Press to each of my hubs. Are these internal links too? I'm confused would someone please take the time out to explain what an internal link is. Many thanks in advance.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

No, you may not have more than two external links. You can have as many internal links as you want AFAIK.

An external link leads away from HubPages, whereas an internal link links to a page on HubPages from within your hub.

A link coming from a place like Twitter like you mentioned, and I assume it's your Twitter account, is a backlink, I think.

3. magdielqr profile image60
    magdielqrposted 7 years ago

I was also concerned about this issue. Would anyone can explain?

4. Gazzauk1967 profile image60
    Gazzauk1967posted 7 years ago

So Anti-Valentine,

Does this mean you could make a hub with 2 external links, with internal links to say 5 other pages within your hub each with 2 external links ?

1. Anti-Valentine profile image94
      Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can do this, I get what you mean, but you are penalized for having multiple external links going from all your hubs to a domain. Your hubber or author score is lowered, I think.

5. Anti-Valentine profile image94

The following is from my experience and gleamed from the forums and FAQ.

2 external (outgoing) links per domain per hub is okay.

If you have 10 hubs with two external links each going to the same domain, this is okay, but penalized.

If you have 1 hub with 10 external links pointing to the same domain, then your hub will be flagged as overly promotional.

If you have 1 hub with 10 external links but they are all different domains being linked to, then this is fine.

I hope this helps.

6. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Guys, you can have many internal and external links. The limitation is that a single hub may only link to a certain site or blog two times in that hub. So I can have 2 links to CNN, 2 links to the NY Times, 2 links to Perez Hilton, etc.

7. magdielqr profile image60

This post helped me a lot. Thanks to everyone who helped.

8. magdielqr profile image60

It is against the rules to create a hub with a goal of raising referrals in an affiliate program?

9. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 7 years ago

Nope, Make your content original and slap in your affiliate link some where in there. But keep it so your page it not just pitching the product that will get you flagged.

10. one2get2no profile image88
    one2get2noposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the help guys..now I understand.

11. Anti-Valentine profile image94

No problem.

12. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

o.k. good info. is it beneficial to inter-link my same subject hubs together? so that each hub has links to the same corresponding hubs?
    even though they are all linking to the same hubs? (ahhh, that doesn't sound clear to me)
    hmm

working