jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

How Long Does It Take for Hubs To Appear on Google Searches?

1. TimTurner profile image80
    TimTurnerposted 7 years ago

I posted a Hub about 5 days ago and it has yet to appear on the Google search pages.  I even use "" for the title of my Hub.

Google analytics shows I've received visitors from Bing and Yahoo already.

Anyone know when Google puts Hubs on their searches?

1. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Tim, are you doing your homework LOL - just razzing you!

2. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

It depends! smile Hubs used to index fast within 2 days, now it *typically* takes about a week. But.... it can truly vary on your content, keywords, etc.

1. TimTurner profile image80
      TimTurnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much!

3. Carol the Writer profile image78
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

I am not trying to promote myself, but I did make a hub on just that subject, called Indexed in Google: How to Check. It also discusses times, keywords, PageRank, and how to move up in a Google Search. Indexing times do vary, according to hubbers I spoke with. It does not help to submit to Google and it may even slow you down. It is at http://hubpages.com/hub/Indexed-in-Google-How-to-Check

By the way, my hub on Space Shuttle Retirement is on Google search page 1 if you search for "space shuttle retirement" and on page 2 if you do the same search without quotes.  It was created on 9/23/09. It is up there because it is a narrow topic. I also redid a few words to make sure that I used the term "space shuttle retirement" a little more often.

So just keep writing and make your hubs high quality.

4. Choke Frantic profile image87
    Choke Franticposted 7 years ago

I'd try to wait a maximum of about 2-3 weeks for Google to index your hubs. You'll know when it happens though, because your stats will reflect it.

I love it when my stats graph gets a nice little spike in it XD

5. dyesebel10 profile image80
    dyesebel10posted 6 years ago

Sometimes after 2 hours.  It happened to me.

6. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

For some its 24 hours, for me, an eternity, if ever.  I have one hub in the #7 position of googles fist page.  That is it!  One out of 20?  Kinda sucks>

7. 60
    Siew Chengposted 6 years ago

indexing hubs are faster than indexing new blog. 
    I notice that when my blog is new, the blog posts take a few months to get index.

8. 0
    BookFlameposted 6 years ago

I don't know why but in the last few days all of my traffic has come from google and other search engines, nothing from HubP

9. GoldilocksMission profile image60
    GoldilocksMissionposted 6 years ago

Mine got listed in 24 hours. Pretty fast for a page that used space for a keyword.