Update on DocStoc debacle

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 57 discussions (92 posts)
  1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

I've just received an email from the Docstoc team, notifying me that the offending content has been removed and the user banned.  I'm not sure at this point whether that means just the shiftm and shiftn accounts (which were the only ones uncovered at the time that I emailed them), or all of the accounts, but I'm in communication with them about that.  Just wanted to update all of you as soon as I got word.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks Maddie! we really do appreiciate your hard work and swift action. big_smile

2. rmr profile image67
      rmrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is why I read the other thread without commenting.I knew it would be worked out quickly. You rock, Maddie! The whole team is awesome! Thanks for getting involved in this one. I was NOT looking forward to going through all of my hubs.

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great job Maddie. I had at least three of my hubs copied there.

4. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

GODBLESS YOU MADDIE, and all who helped throughout this dark period.

5. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much for the job well done... weeee...

2. Aware1 profile image60
    Aware1posted 14 years ago

Thank you very much. smile

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Maddie!

4. wrenfrost56 profile image58
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Thank-you Maddie! smile

5. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie!  So glad this was all resolved.

6. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Said thank you on the other thread, and I'll say it again, "Thank you to all who helped to resolve this problem!"

7. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie. What a storm in a teacup!

8. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Thanks so much, Maddie.  What an ugly morning you must have had, hope all is turning around.

9. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie, and I believe they're all gone. Last time I checked, shift4 and shift5 remained, but I don't think they had any hubs in them. Those usernames were partial to wikipedia articles! smile

10. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie. smile

11. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I have a question or two

What happened and how was what happened discovered?

How can somebody do what they did and Hubpages be oblivious?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Somebody probably scripted a scraper to copy content from HubPages and other authority sites and post it on DocStoc.

Thranax discovered it, and brought it to the community's attention.  As soon as I saw the thread in the forums, I contacted DocStoc to try to resolve the situation, though I actually have no legal authority in the matter, except for content that belongs to me.  Luckily, they were cooperative.  If they had not been, each author would have had to file DMCA complaints individually.

HubPages does check automatically for duplicates on hubs, and displays a warning on hubs for which duplicates are detected, but we cannot actually physically sit there and watch the process run, for obvious reasons.  Each author is responsible for his or her own content here at HubPages, including filing DMCA complaints for copied content, as I described above.  We display the warning as a courtesy.

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, "scripted a scraper" I'll just take your word for that having a meaning, Thank you for fixing it!

2. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HubPages HQ are currently working on a program that reads peoples minds sometime before they do the dirty deed, and immediately after they have the initial idea. It will send an automated email message that says "We know what you want to do, but don't do it".

If it goes well Law Enforcement agencies might buy a license to use the same system, but tweaked a little, so they can also stop more serious crimes like murder.

1. profile image0

Funny, I'm not the computer expert and didn't know how this was done, but you seem to know everything why don't you splain it to me.

1. yoshi97 profile image56
          yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can help ... Darkside is an alien in possession of technologies we haven't ourselves developed yet. Wait until his mommy hears he took the m,ass qausi mind conductance reader from her purse ... he will be sooooooooooo in troubles. wink

1. profile image0

Thats certainly better than what I was thinking

12. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie I had faith in you and the crew, I knew you would fix it.
    Your efforts in fixing this are much appreciated! smile

13. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Well, I don't think any of mine were copied, of course I didn't really do much digging.  Thank you very much all the same and I appreciate your efforts.

14. Lori J Mitchell profile image59
    Lori J Mitchellposted 14 years ago

I just asked about this on the other thread.  I guess I should have read this one first.

15. Kidgas profile image62
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Thank you very much for your efforts Maddie.  They are greatly appreciated by me and many others.

16. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

In HPs defense ... I ran both copyscape and a google search on my hubs and only found one that had been copied. However, when I went to Docstoc I found more ...

The question has been asked ... how could Hubpages let this go on for so long?

Answer: The activity basically started around the 9th of October (at least that's when the thieving from Hubpages started - according to the articles I check through)

As such, the articles on Docstoc were just starting to hit Google, which is how we noticed them. Two days earlier and we wouldn't have found a shred of proof - I'd even go as far as one day earlier.

So to speak ... we got lucky and dodged this bullet just as it left the chamber, and I have no doubt Hubpages would have discovered it today as more hit Google.

So, what should have Hubpages done differently?

Well ... they could have borrowed my time machine, went a week into the future, found the hubs and then returned.

As Maddie and the staff don't trust my time machine (because I built it) you can fault them for a lack of bravery in my technical expertise, but you can't fault them for not knowing something occurred prior to a point where it could have been recognized.

Again ... no internet search two days ago would have shown these documents as being stolen as Google had not indexed them yet. As such, there was no way for Hubpages to know.

What everyone needs to know is that this guy didn;t steal 80,000 articles in eight months time ... he did it in four days ... 20,000 articles per day. I looked at his statistics and I know this to be true. I also saw how he created a new identity each day and managed to have 20,000 articles in each username.

My guess is he was using each new name to steal from somewhere else, but I didn't get that deep into things. I filed the DCMA and waited for Maddie and the staff to respond to what happened ... which they did, in under 24 hours.

Docstoc then proceeded to remove the accounts quickly, ending the fiasco - though some will be indexed in Google unless they take them out of the index over this (I filed a DCMA with them too).

Point is ... Sometimes we think the staff here are god and goddesses (which they are) but we then expect them to do things that even a god or goddess couldn't do.

Considering this incident happened on a Sunday evening and the staff had it all cinched up by Monday morning, I think that's an excellent response time.

Let's face it ... the staff here isn't baking pizzas ... their managing a very large website, and as someone who has managed a much smaller one, I can tell you that it's a lot of work and these guys are worth every penny they earn from this site ... and much more.

Let's all take a deep breath, exhale, and be perfectly hoenst why we are angry and who we are truly angry with.

We are angry because someone dared to profit from all of our hard work, and the person we are angry with is the little twirp who did it.

As such, let Maddie off the rope ... she did an excellent job

And if I were running a sizeable website today Paul would hate me, as I would double whatever he was paying to have her on my staff ... that's a fact! smile

17. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Thanks from me too, Maddie. 

I did send a report last night on the few I did discover during a quick check, and today Docstoc sent me an e.mail saying those had been removed, and offending party's account was closed.  I particularly appreciated their quick response, in view of the fact that I'm just one individual (rather than someone representing thousands). "Points for them" (Docstoc), as far as I'm concerned.

18. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I don't understand why people should be mad at Maddie. Plagiarism is hard to catch on the web and there are thousands of us hubbers and thousand upon thousands of hubs!

1. profile image0

I'm not mad, I just couldn't understand what or how it happened, I mean on a large scale as it apparently did.

The guy who did this automated the process some how. That's the only way he could sign up for an account on the 10th and have 20000 docs submitted the same day. Too bad this person didn;t use his talent elsewehere where it could have been more productive.

And I wasn't yelling at you Texan, I was just trying to explain to everyone that Maddie couldn't have reacted any sooner and that when she did, she did so immediately.

I know I came off sounding a bit gruff, but I've been that lonely little web person when the poop hits the fan, and it's the worst feeling in the world when you know you couldn't have done anything different. I think some of us heard that frustration from Maddie, and I'd like to get this girl back on a good kilter and remind her that we still all appreciate everything she does. smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
          Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, it's a good thing you found out about it Yoshi. It is amazing that there is a software that can steal 20,000 hubs a day and post it as someone else.  Very, very disturbing.

For the record ... my role in this was extremely small. I saw the message posted in the forums and conducted my own research to see how deep the rabbit hole went and then notified Docstoc and Google how it was being done.

As others had already notified them, I did nothing more than make our complaint more noticable. As such, I accept no credit ... just glad it's all been taken care of. smile

19. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

One of our sleuthing forensic hubbers might want to check out Scribd and do a bit of sniffing around. Scribd is like DocStoc, but four times larger in traffic.

1. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They're there too, actually they're everywhere I've looked...welcome to the web

2. Cheri Schultz profile image58
      Cheri Schultzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Darkside - I agree, I was just out there and I think they are the same website as DocStoc - folks check out this website!!  Even the titles have dashes like Hub Pages

3. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The difference, I believe, is that docstoc offers revenue sharing and Scribd does not.  Although I'm sure there are some hubs on Scribd as well ...

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Scribd suggests that you upload your original work into their "copyright management system".  They will then check every new article that's uploaded to the site, to make sure it's not contravening your copyright.

I read the terms and conditions but am still not quite sure what it means.

20. Cheri Schultz profile image58
    Cheri Schultzposted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie and the Hub crew for there valiant effort!!

21. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Maddie, I looked, all 19 accounts are deleted!!! Apparently my alert and help was successful ^_^

~thranax~

22. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie. totally appreciate what you have done!

23. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Thank you Maddie for all of your work in this... and I'm sure there will be more work in the future on these kinds of issues. Making money online is like being a sheriff in the old wild west.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i concur! (hee hee shiftn got bitchslapped smile

24. thranax profile image73

Today my views went up by 20, I wonder if it was that guy getting deleted.

~thranax~

25. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

My "top channels" report returned to what it had been for ages (after looking completely out of whack in recent days).  My earnings look a little more like they had been looking, as well.

26. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Nice one, Maddie!

27. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

DocStoc seemed pretty professional to me because they deleted my plagiarized hub within hours.  All I had to do was report it to their website.

28. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

But how did he possible think for a moment that he would get away with it?

Thanks Maddie and everyone else who caught it...

1. thranax profile image73
      thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He didn't think he would get away with it. It was a Farming scheme. Get as many pageviews of good content asap, get a ton of clicks, and get a payout before hes Banned.

~thranax~

29. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

One good thing came from this calamity.  There should be no doubt that Google does, in fact, index duplicate content.  So everyone here now knows they can publish their own work on multiple article directories.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It raises another question in my mind, though.  Several people posted that the rise of the duplicate article damaged the performance of the original.  So, while it does indicate that duplicate content gets indexed, it also suggests that only one of the two (or several) duplicates gets ranked. 

If posting something a second time means the original tanks, how are you better off?

1. livewithrichard profile image73
        livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't notice any drop off in traffic to any of my 5 hubs I found on docstoc and if you read some of Whitney's posts she would tell you the same.  The original will remain ranked and the others, if done properly, will be indexed and give you a backlink.  That backlink makes you better off.  This is only true if you are duplicating your own content on sites where you will not be gaining any benefit from adsense, directories where you will not give out your publisher id#.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
          pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that's generally the case for an established hub that is already ranking well.  The risks are probably higher for a newer hub, simply because the search engine may have a harder time determining which was the original.   Regardless, I think it's worth the effort to go after plagiarizers simply on principle.

1. livewithrichard profile image73
            livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't say it better Paul.

30. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie!  The work that you and the Team does is invaluable.  Again, thank you!

31. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Maddie and the staff don't trust my time machine (because I built it) you can fault them for a lack of bravery in my technical expertise, but you can't fault them for not knowing something occurred prior to a point where it could have been recognized.

Yoshi - did you use the good duct tape, or that crappy stuff from the dollar store? The devil is in the details you know.

*sigh* if you really must know the sordid truth ...

Paul was preparing to step inside the time machine, but a bolt fell out and some smoke wafted through the air and he grew all concerned from the safety of his staff.

Personally, I think he's still mad about that 'Ultimate hair dryer' I made for him last Christmas.

Yes ... it did burn a bit of his hair off, but I have learned from that failure, and model 2.0 is now ready for testing ... all because of Paul's misfortunate bravery.

So, anyone want to try out the new version? It puts out 50,000 watts. smile

p.s. I poke at Paul sometimes, but only in jest and never to insult, indemnify, or make him feel bad about himself ... and the farce of the joke is always on me. smile

1. wyanjen profile image71
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your lawyer recommends that you name it Model 1.0.1 and label it BETA. smile

Thank you to all who threw blankets on this fire.wink

32. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie and the HP Team for the quick response.

Oh and thanks to Tharanx for starting the thread and for keeping it going. Thanks to the hubbers who provided tips on how to file DMCAs and the URL for the Adsense DMCA complaint.

Also received an email saying all my stolen hubs have been removed. That was quick work.

33. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

Thanks to everyone who helped this problem to be solved. I couldn't fnd any of my hubs on the Docstoc site based on a random search on 12 of my articles, but my traffic had been down for a few days, yet seems to have picked up again today, so maybe there were some of my articles copied on to the site in question.

34. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Thanks Thranax, Sunforged, Yoshi and Maddie and all the individual hubbers who filed their individual complaints.  We really all pulled together on this one.  Good job!

BTW, I got my email notification too that mine had been handled.  I checked and they were all gone. smile

35. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

Thanks Pauldeeds , Maddie and hubbers for the brilliant action.

I hope this massive attack on hubpages would have made all of you think of new ways to stop such things in future.

Thanks again.

36. thranax profile image73

Wow, ever since that site went down, I am getting about 70 more pageviews then I have been the last 4-5 days, and I didn't make a new Hub, go promote it, or anything!

~thranax~

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me, too! Wonder if it's a coincidence? Maybe it is just because it's Monday. Although, over the weekend (with the stolen hub debacle) I had one of my worst traffic time periods ever, it was comparable to back in June and July when I only had a few hubs!

I am getting TONS of red arrows now (this morning there were tons of blue arrows) and one of my hubs jumped up 35 views, back to it's normal daily views of 75ish. My total overall views are back to their normal range (and up 200 daily views from where they were this weekend)

Either way, glad our traffic is improving (no matter the reason!)

37. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I knew HP had it under control!! Thank you I also recieved an e-mail telling me the same thing. smile

38. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Maddie!

And yeah, I'm getting some more traffic now, too!

39. Jeffrey Neal profile image69
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie and HubPages for taking action on this and getting it resolved.  Also, thanks thranax for the sharp eyes and detective work.

40. missalyssa profile image60
    missalyssaposted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie!!! My traffic is going back up!!

41. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Maddie and all the others involved in solving this problem. A big thanks from me for all your efforts. You acted so quickly and resolved this issue so fast that I was still tring to fill out complaint forms befor I realised it had all been resolved. You are all the best people here on Hubpages and the way everyone got stuck in helping others out makes me feel all warm inside. Thranax, Sunforged and everyone I thank you so much. Maddie you are one top class chick.

42. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

Very big THANK YOU's to Maggie, Thranax and Sunforged for your hard work and dedication to HP!

My traffic has also gone back up to pre docstoc levels - cool lol

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah me too hehehe im batting 180+ again

43. JulietduPreez profile image69
    JulietduPreezposted 14 years ago

I'm a bit behind on all of this, so a belated thank you wink

44. profile image0
    Am I dead, yet?posted 14 years ago

I wanted to thank everyone for keeping up with these threads and working so hard to resolve this issue that is very personal to every hubber on HP.  Bravo! Ovations for all your hard work.

45. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

That user has made new profile

pbq7k6d9

And added atleast 3000 docs as of now.

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Boy!! Not again.
      Should we start to get worried again????????????? sad

1. soni2006 profile image76
        soni2006posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh no. How this can happen? It's a huge loss to us.

46. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

Thanks a lot Maddie for this update.

Now I am able to view my hub in the cache form only. Here is the link of my copied hub:

http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:P4 … &gl=in

Here is my original one:

http://hubpages.com/hub/how-to-build-an … r-for-sale

47. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

This problem will Not go away until it is dealt with properly.
    Part of that process calls for Docstoc identifying the parties responsible for this and actually shutting them down; instead of only doing enough to protect the potential banning of their own site.

They have the tools and ability to do this; but have allowed the latitude within their site, for this to continue.

As I have said earlier: This is far more legally than copyright infringement here. (I think my suggestions have been seen to be an attack on HP by some)
    However if Docstoc is Not Forced to Nuke this person(s) immediately, they won't and the problem Will grow via downloads and/or secondary site placements of our work.

That user has made new profile

pbq7k6d9

Of course they do!!!!  They are intent on achieving their goal.

Shinujohn... Thank you for this.  Time to Finish the Job.

48. soni2006 profile image76

For the first time ever at hubpages, I have been feeling depressed because of this issue.

49. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

DocStock needs to at least implement some sort of flow control - where it is impossible to upload content at that rate.

This would be the simplest means, until a proper system of verification/uploading can be put in place.

The management over there are clearly aware of the problem now, and I'd be surprised if they aren't working on this problem now.

And in the meantime, I'm sure they would immediately delete this user if they were advised of his activities. (but if they had any sort of monitoring in place, they should already know about it)

Cheers,
    Eric G.

50. soni2006 profile image76

But DocStoc must also be worried about loosing their own site and I think they must be afraid of getting into legal matters.

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which is Exactly how they can be lead to Do The Whole Job!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)