jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Concerns that my article outranks my hub in Google

1. Carol the Writer profile image77
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

My hub on Space Shuttle Retirement is on Google search page 1 if you search for "space shuttle retirement" and on page 2 if you do the same search without quotes. The hub was created on 9/23/09.

Here is what concerns me. I wrote and submitted some articles a few weeks after I created my hub to bring traffic to my hub, under the name Amy Adams. (My first set of articles were going to be from AA, my second set from BB, etc.) The good news is that her article has 2 links to my hubs.

In both searches,the article by my pseudonym Amy Adams, published in tech edition, is ranked above mine. I guess that thetechedition .com is considered by Google to be more credible than hub pages. Well, actually, looking at new hubs, I don't blame them. But I think that is another topic.

<URL snipped - no promotion of Hubs in the Forums>

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Have you checked the page rank for the two articles?

3. KevCC profile image44
    KevCCposted 7 years ago

Hi Carol,
    a guy on the Warrior forum says if you write an article to promote a hub/webpage/website. Give it a different title.

4. rumbling profile image35
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

KevCC is correct , it is always a good idea to give it a different title , even with the same title if you get enough links, your hub can outrank the article you have written