Suspicious clicks from internal hubpages traffic?

1. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I already notified Adsense because I just saw that one of my hubs had 13 clicks (happened within an hour) tonight. I checked the traffic on the hub and it's only hubpages traffic so it's definitely suspicious activity.

Like I said, I already submitted my findings to adsense, but should I notify HP, too? I'm guessing this clicker is a hubber since there is no other traffic going into the hub. Who it is, I'd have no clue. I'm guessing HP would have IP logs to look at, though. I'm hoping they're not doing this on tons of hubs tonight.

This is why I think it's so important to check your adsense channels at least once daily to monitor these types of occurrences! smile

Goodnight all.

2. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

That does sound suspicious. And there are some views to your page that may not show up in your stats report immediately if at all. I know I can look at hub statistics page and at traffic source or individual hub traffic and the numbers are always different. Good luck!

3. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

13 clicks is not suspicious at all. Now people can navigate through the ads using "prev ads" "next ads" feature and the link ads also have the potential to get more clicks. In a link ad , there are more than 10 ads , if someone opens all these ads , then it is not invalid clicks.

If you are still suspicious , Inform adsense team and Disallow from your adsense account and watch the account for any suspicious activity. I often use this feature. Now the disallow function activates immediately.(Previously it took about 4 hours)