jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Low Quality Hubs Eating Hubpages Quality

1. 60
    spam_finderposted 7 years ago

Low quality Hubs in Hubpages.

Invisible Hubbers eating the quality of Hubpages

<snipped>
    (Hubber score is 11 with 1000 hubs)

<snipped>
    (Hubber score is 40 with 3754 Hubs)

If any of you come across such low profile hubbers with bulk hubs please flag and report them. Add their Profiles here so everyone can See and Know.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Just flagging them so that Admin knows is what the Hub team wants site users to do, and I'm pretty sure they DON'T want the forums flooded with posts that just give the spammers attention.

1. 60
      spam_finderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If no action is taken against such people , hundreds of new users will do the same and hubpages will become a duplicate.com site soon.

The spammers should get the attention of every hubber. Then only everyone can flag them. Hubbers attention on these spammers will not benefit them in anyway. How can thousands of low quality copied hubs be posted unnoticed by the admins and the top forum posters who always claim that they want the site to be of excellent quality. Shame on all of them.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
        Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know when I have reported obvious spammers on the forums...I have been told not to repy, but to just hit the report button. If we reply to a "forum spam" that is stays on the site, but by not responding and reporting it will be deleted. Weird I know, but that is what I was told to do.

3. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

AND..... Then What?

4. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

With a 104,000 Hubbers.....(listed per their scores)
    Would it not be more realistic to look at those from 50,001 - 104,000? hmm

5. 60
    spam_finderposted 7 years ago

List of Spammers with low score and Highest number of Hubs will be below Hundred.

No need to report spammers with few hubs in forums. The two hubbers reported above have 1000's of low scored hubs and they are still allowed to continue as if they are invisible hubbers.

6. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

Wow, that is a lot of work finding these with just 2 hours as a member.

1. 60

No , i am a 3 years old member tired of fighting spam in hubpages.

Ok, I do understand that. but...why use a different name? You have a legit complaint. I would think as a 3 yr member your issue would have more weight.

1. 60

Just go through few hubs of the users i mentioned and you will understand. I complained many times ,still no action taken. There are more people like that who have thousands of copied hubs. Hubpages has the tools to find and unpublish their hubs. Still no one cares to flag and report them.

I do agee with you about the problem. All I was suggestion...as I am just over 3 months here...that I would pay more attention to an issue raised by a long time member rather than a 2 hour member. Hope you understand what I am saying.
            But...I hope you get something done about it.

7. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

Please do not post links to hubbers' profiles in the forums.  If you'd like to report a user, flag a few of their hubs or email the team, and we will remove content that violates our rules.

Closed to reply

working