jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Adding videos really does help with traffic

1. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

For the past couple of weeks, I've been experimenting by adding videos to my hubs. Of course, they're very relevant videos, not just random ones. But it seems to be working. One of my hubs, which has been "silent" for weeks, is suddenly getting a lot more views. My other hubs with videos seem to be perking up, as well.

So if you can find a video that's appropriate for a hub, I recommend adding it in.

1. beth811 profile image67
      beth811posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this encouraging post, Naomi. I will go back to some of my hubs and I will add some videos in them.

2. DennisBarker profile image60
    DennisBarkerposted 7 years ago

I've been writing hubs around video clips for a while now and can verify that the traffic does arrive provided the keywords you target are in the hub title.

3. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Interesting, Ill have to work on some videos.

4. rumbling profile image35
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

This is interesting , I do add relevant videos to some of my hubs but I'm a little confused how it will get more traffic. It will help to keep the visitors on your page a bit longer but I doubt it will increase traffic
    One thing could be that adding a video helps in your hub score and because of the increased hub score you got more traffic , not sure about this but maybe an experienced member can clarify

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Google looks at how long people spend on your Hubs.  If people linger longer, Google assumes that must be because the information is good quality - so they'll move you up in page rank, so more people will see your Hub in search results - so, more traffic.

Having an increased Hubscore may result in a bit more traffic from within Hubpages,but that's not income-producing traffic.  HubScore has no effect on external traffic. 

If you include a Youtube video in a Hub, that automatically creates a backlink to your Hub on Youtube.  I'm sure you know how valuable backlinks are!

5. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

yeah, I'm not sure if it really ADDS to your traffic, but like rumbling said--does keep ppl there a little longer. smile

I've added vids to low traffic hubs, along with a few other changes and it didn't really make any difference in traffic. I'd say your traffic increases will come from creating better titles or adding/changing keywords rather than stuff within the hub like videos pics etc.

6. Chin chin profile image90
    Chin chinposted 7 years ago

I think I can see videos displayed as thumbnails in Google searches.  Though I don't know if anyone has seen that happen with HubPages.  Adding images also helps.  People searching Google images can sometimes be taken to a site that has the searched image posted in it.  This occurs when the relevant keyword is searched and this is where right tagging of the videos or images become important.

7. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

I also think so.I love hubs with relevant videos when I visit someone's hub.

8. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

Also, when you add vids, you can include some keywords in the caption title. That helps, as well.