jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

When does voting close for Hubnuggets wannabe competition?

1. Laura du Toit profile image91
    Laura du Toitposted 7 years ago

My hub was one of the nominated hubs for this weeks competition. I was e-mailed a link to a forum but either there is no interest in the competition (judging by the number of votes so far this is possible) or I have a link to a previous forum.

There are no posts relating to this week's competition in that forum, except for mine where I thanked the Hubnuggets Team and one other nominee who did the same.

Is this competition not as big a deal as I thought it was supposed to be?

1. dohn121 profile image88
      dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Tomorrow is the deadline...By the way you do have some say in terms of your votes are concern.  Up until this point, you should've promoted/campaigned yourself to friends, families, and co-workers to garner as many votes as possible.  Good luck.

2. Laura du Toit profile image91

Thanks for coming back to me and yes I have been doing the best I can to get votes.

What is the time there now as I do not know when your tomorrow ends as it will be different from mine?

3. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Here is the forum thread: 
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/23900

Here is the voting hub:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-13-your-lucky-number

It is disappointing the number of voters each week.  I try to read all of the nominees’ hubs every week, comment and vote, and there are others who are diligent each week as well. 

So far there are 129 votes and you are 2nd.  Last week I think there were only about 65 votes.  My week there were about 90. 

I’ve gotten lots of views and comments on my HubNugget hub.  Some of my HubMob hubs have gotten as much or more traffic than my HubNugget. 

It's 4:15 pm in California.  I think a lot of things are in "California time".

4. Laura du Toit profile image91

Thanks very much rmcrayne

Is that 4:15pm Tuesday afternoon?

What is a Hubmob Hub???

5. rmcrayne profile image94

Yes, it's Tues afternoon in the US.  I'm in Texas, now 7 pm, 5 pm in CA. 

Here is this week's HubMob thread, on Toys: 

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/24068

HubMob topics change each week, Monday to Monday. 

HubNuggets and HubMob current threads are always at the top on the Hubber's Hangout forum.

6. rmcrayne profile image94
  7. Laura du Toit profile image91

Thanks

I went to the forum.

Sounds like a very good way to get traffic to your hubs. I think I will join - don't know about this week. I'm drained with all the promoting on the Hubnugget's Competition.

Thanks for the information. I was surprised that one person that joined this week has been on Hubpages for 3 years and only just heard about the Hubmobsters 2 days ago.

Anyway thanks once again. It is 2:30am in South Africa so I better get some sleep. smile

working