jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Day 1: The Fear and Insanity

1. spudnik8 profile image60
    spudnik8posted 7 years ago

I have decided to bite the bullet and join the 30 Hubs in 30 Days challenge.  This is actually quite an insane idea for me, as I do work full time (thankfully the retail industry has slowed down quite a bit in the current economic crisis); and I am quaking in my boots with the idea of coming up with 30 hubs in 30 days by squeezing the writing in the slow periods at work.

However, it is a worthy challenge, and I don't like to back down from a worthy challenge.  So I'll try, and I'll cry with anguish if my ideas don't fly... I can't quit my day job / 'cos I suck at hip hop / whenever I rhyme / I get arrested for my crime / of not rappin' in time / and 'cos I have no shame  / they call me M.C. Lame  (ooohhh I'm a poet and I don't even know it).

Right... enough of that crap. I am currently working on two, possibly three ideas for hubs, a follow-on from my first hub, and perhaps two on knitting.  Well, I better get on it.

Happy hubbing everyone.

2. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

Good for you! It's a lot of work, but it does pay off eventually. And once you start writing some hubs, the ideas will begin to flow. Good luck!

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

You'll be glad you did, Spudnik!  You can do it! I work fulltime too.  I took my first challenge in May.  This is my fourth.  Be sure to read the guidelines and post your hub links to the proper post:

Read: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17849

Post links at:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049

Welcome aboard! If you have questions or need help along the way, holler!

4. Paradise7 profile image86
    Paradise7posted 7 years ago

Good luck from your fellow Challenged Hubber!  It's a gas, don't worry, the Hub Police don't come to your house if you don't make all thirty.  Besides, I betcha ya got it in ya!
    big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

5. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago

well done and good luck!

6. spudnik8 profile image60
    spudnik8posted 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!  I will not freak out, but enjoy the process of writing for the challenge smile