jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What do I do?

1. johnnyco12 profile image82
    johnnyco12posted 7 years ago

Ok, My male ego would love for me to say " I know all there is to know about blogging." but to be honest I haven't a clue. I am a writing and a decent one at that so I have written a hubpage but I have no idea about tags and how to drive traffic to my site. I have written for several publications on the web but they all want you to write for pennies while they make the buck. I feel that HubPages has great potential and can provide a very decent residual income "If you know the tricks of the trade" to make it work for ya.
       So come all you Hubpage Gurus and help a fella out with some of that knowledge you've gained from the " been there, done that" school of blogging.  Your friend from the ink pool Johnny Newell

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image89
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

I just published a hub today talking about how to raise your page or hub profile using a couple of simple SEO techniques.  There are several good hubs here as well.  I have linked to a couple of them at the end of the article.  It is the one that's titled Organic Traffic...

3. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

The tricks of the trade are write to market, you can bend any of your interests that you enjoy writing about anyway, just be crafty in selecting titles and mix in the proper phrase here and there

If your creative, its not much of a tradeoff.

learn about the adwords keyword research tool

hubs on these topics abound

4. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

First of all, go research Darkside, Mark Knowles and Relache for their hubbing tips.  Read the FAQ, read the TOS.

In the serach box above type in SEO, Backlinks, etc. and you will get a wealth of information right at your fingertips.  It takes time, research and a lot of learning smile

Have fun, enjoy Hub Pages! big_smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

what Jane said.  Oh, and please make a clear distinction between HubPages and blogging in your mind. 

HubPages is a place to write magazine-style articles, not short chatty blog posts.  You can write a series on the same topic if you like, and link them together, but treat each one as a separate article. One Hub can be anything from about 400 words to about 1,500. 

Good Luck!