jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Not sure whether to tick commercial or not

1. retellect profile image80
    retellectposted 7 years ago

I made a hub about a new fan that doesn't use blades. I have a link that goes to the manufacturers website and a video on how it works. I am not promoting it, just saying what it features and generally reviewing it. Does this make it a commercial hub? Should I remove the link?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If the site you are linking to is commercial (makes sales) or has advertising on it, you've made a commercial Hub.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

Another thing to keep in mind, the only effect of unchecking the commercial box is that it allows you to set the ad level to something below 'High'.  If that isn't your goal, it's really not worth worrying about - you can just leave it checked.

1. rumbling profile image36
      rumblingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I was also wondering what the considered commercial check box can do :-)

4. Dolores Monet profile image91
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

But between the google ads and affiliate ads, aren't most hubs commercial? I though that a commercial hub would be if the hubber directly benefited from the specific product. Like if I was trying to interest people in real estate in my home town and I was a real estate agent there.

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

You're right, Dolores.  The option exists for use by people who don't like ads, or have a particular reason for not wanting some or all of them to appear.

Otherwise, all Hubbers should leave "commercial" ticked, it maximises the ads and therefore your potential for revenue.

6. retellect profile image80
    retellectposted 7 years ago

Thanks guys, I thought I'd play it safe and leave it ticked.

7. lawretta profile image51
    lawrettaposted 7 years ago

nice info!

8. sandwichmom profile image60
    sandwichmomposted 7 years ago

I am still unclear on the check box for commercial- the ads for adsense still run right?

1. retellect profile image80
      retellectposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure either. I think that leaving it ticked would show more ads than if it was un-ticked. Maybe the commission is higher if your hub talks or links about something that you gotta pay for. Can anyone clarify this?

9. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

I have been wondering the same thing.