jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)

I got a womderful surprise toaday that gave me goosebumps

1. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I had written a hub about a man long gone, a wee bio with some of his music. The Harlem Globetrotter theme. Today someone visited this hub after joining hubpages just to tell he and his family were friends of this man. He told me a  few things of personal knowledge and it sent a chill down my spine. He thanked me for my hub. I never expected anything like that. Just wanted to share this with y'all. Ain't hubpages wonderful?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

That is great smile

3. Jewels profile image81
    Jewelsposted 7 years ago

Totally love when things like that happen. Way to go CC, may those goosebumps keep trickling up and down your spine.

4. wyanjen profile image87
    wyanjenposted 7 years ago

Awesome! You'll be smiling for a while, with a story like this. It is a wonderful thing wink

5. rmr profile image88
    rmrposted 7 years ago

I've had one or two similar experiences. I love when that happens!
    By the way, I also love the Globetrotters theme(Sweet Georgia Brown).

6. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Wow Ralwus !!! How neat is that!!!

Nice things happen to nice people smile

7. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Thanks guys, yes the chill is still there. smile Tell us about it BT

1. rmr profile image88
      rmrposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ok, it's happened a few times, but here's my favorite. I wrote a hub about a band from the 70's that inspired me to become a professional musician. Most of them died in a plane crash in '74 or '75. I recently got a comment and an email from the surviving bass player (Dartanyan Brown), thanking me for keeping alive the memory of a great band that has fallen from most peoples' memories. Definite goosebumps!

8. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

That's awesome man! Good for you.

9. Paradise7 profile image86
    Paradise7posted 7 years ago

Rawlus, that IS great, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile cool

I also gotta check out rmr to find out more about the band he mentioned.

10. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Thanks Para. I think I'm going to bed here shortly all. So see ya tomorrow, I need rest. love all.

11. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Ralwus that is sooo cool! It's amazing on the things you find out on here.

12. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 7 years ago

all I can say is WOW! I dont think a chill is enough of a description to s'plain that one . . .Serendipity . .cosmos in alignment. . total total kewlness!

13. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

Amazing how this devise that everyone said would make the world so impersonal is able to help people make these kind of connections. And wonderful that you can make a total stranger happy. But I think that you do that a lot, ralwus.