jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Uploading to You Tube. Honestly, why Would you BOTHER!

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago

for the last couple of years, we've all been told that video is the place to be, and that you've got you've got to have stuff on You tube.

OK, being a slow learner, I made a little video clip this morning, and started to upload it to You tube.

The clip is about 2 minutes long, in MPG-2 format, and around 200 megabytes in size.

It took almost an hour to upload (on a VERY fast connection)
    And for the last 3 hours, the status of the clip has been "processing".

Am I doing something wrong, or it this slowness normal?
    Does anyone have experience with other sites, such as viddler, etc. where it's actually practical to upload video files?

Eric G.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

I would think 200 MB could be a problem. But not that I am too proficient in youtube...

You have an interesting new pair of heads Eric, for some reason they look very jewish smile

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol Yes, they do. must be the hat. or something. I'll work on it smile

I don't think that the 200mb is a factor - the max file size is a gigabyte.
      I'd hate to think how long THAT would take.

I'll try to reformat it to mpg4 and smaller size and see how that goes.
      cheers, Eric G.

3. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I've only uploaded a couple videos both 9 minutes in length to YouTube. I've never really had a problem. I do remember going through a process (not sure how long) before they were approved and posted.

4. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Eric, normally how you format it is critical. I could make a great video, put it in a low quality and get a blurry color pallet lol. I don't know why your complaining about an hour upload, although my cable uploads lately are about 45 minutes. The processing of the videos I make take about an hour just to render a copy on my computer..on top of the time it takes to make the video. Go figure.

5. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Yea I'll leave the posting videos to you guys lol

6. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago

About 6 hours after uploading completed, you tube is still churning away. processing the file.

@thranax: yes, everything to do with Video seems to take forever. Even on a very fast PC.
    Especially rendering, and authoring. funny how they never tell you that on the box :-)

7. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Get out the popcorn Eric, yer gonna be there for a while lol