jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Hubpages spin-off : Hubpics

1. mcbean profile image84
    mcbeanposted 7 years ago

There has been much talk about the large volumes of essentially text-less picture hubs swamping hubpages.

Is it time for a hubpages sister site specifically for picture hubs, leaving hubpages.com for text based articles?

Many of the hubbers here do not identify with these "authors" and feel they contribute little to the hubpages community.

Your thoughts..........

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This topic comes up pretty often, and hubpages are just not interested in doing this.

2. pageantgirl31413 profile image87
    pageantgirl31413posted 7 years ago

YES!!!!!!!! Let's separate them!

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

search the forums

4. rumbling profile image36
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

I suppose you can manage that through categories and sub categories or maybe another top level category like "Photo Hubs" might be the solution

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Those sorts of Hubs aren't violating HubPages TOS, and they probably make HubPages more money than they earn the individual authors.

If you think they are junk, that's what the thumbs down vote is for...

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

To all of you:

If you don't like them, don't look at them
      If you think they're bad, click thumbs down

Why all this fuss?

6. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Um, as both a writer (with 3 books to my credit) and a photographer, I resent this post!  wink

Seriously, I don't understand why separating the two would be necessary.  Besides, I think you must be talking about the spammy hubs of a certain nature, not legitimate credited work.

1. rumbling profile image36
      rumblingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ya this must be about those spam hubs and as relache mentioned thats what the thumbs button down is for

2. tksensei profile image62
      tksenseiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"I will never again post on the forums"

7. tksensei profile image62
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

The 'picture only' ones aren't as disappointing as the 'google' hubs.

8. Paradise7 profile image85
    Paradise7posted 7 years ago

I did a couple of slide show hubs (only two, out of 49 hubs so far) mostly because I had already written a text-and-pic hub with enough pics in it to have a slide show and noticed how very many views the slide shows got. So I shared several more pictures of Johnny Depp and Patrick Swayze.  That's all, no big deal.

What I love very much, though I don't have the talent to do myself, is some of the poet hubbers who write very little copy and put several pictures with it.  The poems are beautiful and the pictures make the whole thing take off to another esoteric plane.  I hope none of those fantastic poets are discouraged from reading this forum, because their work is so beautiful and it would be a shame to miss it.

yikes yikes

1. tksensei profile image62
      tksenseiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's a good point.