jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Can't add text

1. Marti profile image80
    Martiposted 9 years ago

I was working on a new Hub page about Book Trailers (videos to promote a book - often shown on YouTube).  I can get links in, and I can add titles, but the text section isn't coming up with a box to actually write any text in.  I'm only getting the top part.  Is it just me? (It probably is, I'm having that kind of day - LOL)

I just saved it as a draft for now, should I go ahead and try to publish it?

Thanks for any response....

1. profile image61
      meeilieposted 9 years ago in reply to this

wo thats hard work

2. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago

Hi Marti,

Have you tried saving it (unpublished), closing out your browser, relaunching your browser, and opening it up for editing again?

If that doesn't work, could you share what browser & platform setup you're using?

- Jason

3. Marti profile image80
    Martiposted 9 years ago

Hi, thanks for responding.

The draft is saved at:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Book_Trailers

I tried it in Firefox and IE, and tried refreshing (even dumped the temp files). 

Tried it again just now, and still get the same result, the box comes up with only the portion to add a subtitle showing.  It's probably just me.  I'll give it another try tomorrow - hungry family staring me down for dinner right now - LOL

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I have seen some instances where you click edit on a capsule and it opens in the bottom part of the browser, not entirely visible.  We are working on fixing that bug.

If this is what is happening to you, you should try dragging the capsule edit window that opens to a better location in your browser window (or use the scrollbar on the right to scroll down until you can see all of it).

You can drag it by clicking and holding on the gray bar at the top of the capsule edit window.

4. Marti profile image80
    Martiposted 9 years ago

Well dang.  I've tried everything.  Yes, I can drag the box around, but there is still no section to add content for text.  Maybe I'll just start over, and see if a fresh start will fix the problem.

Thanks though.

5. Marti profile image80
    Martiposted 9 years ago

I couldn't get it to work, so I just changed the title a bit and did it again, and it worked fine.

I can't seem to get rid of the old one though!  It still shows up in my list, but with a line through it.  Isn't there any way to totally delete the bad one?

Thanks!

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

It should disappear from your list in a couple of days.

6. Marti profile image80
    Martiposted 9 years ago

Oh good - thanks!

The replacement hub is at:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Book_Video

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!

working