jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

What is your worst irrational fear (phobia) ever?

1. rivet3000 profile image60
    rivet3000posted 7 years ago

I remember when I was young my parents
    kept a scary looking record cover called THE
    ROLLING SILENCE by Manfred Mann in
    the 1970's among their record collection.
    I would run away from the house or lock
    myself in my room when my parents would
    take the record cover out to show me.
    The cover is scary looking; it's a patina
    green color with a screaming mouth inside
    this giant ear.  My parents called it the
    Mouth in the Ear and would tease me saying
    that the Mouth and the Ear was gonna get me!
      I remember tackling my older sister to the
    ground one time because she was reaching
    for the album in the cabinet. She thought it
    was it funny that I was overeacting to just
    a stupid album cover, but I was in panic
    Years ago I had my parents tear the
    album cover into shreds while I hid in my
    room.  I hope that they did!  Yeah, I know
    it seems crazy and silly, I am pretty much over
    the fear but every now and then it comes
    to my mind in the
    middle of the night BOO lol

1. Wonder_Woman profile image60
      Wonder_Womanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Fear of lossing my step and falling
      and im afraid of the face of the Exorcist

2. Lady_E profile image81
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have a real fear of Roller Coasters and feel if I go on one, something might go wrong with my head. Even as a kid, while all the other kids were happy and smiling on the little roller coasters, I was the only kid crying to my parents "I wanna get off".

Watching Final Destination hasn't helped either. smile

2. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

spider, got over it after 45 years

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

when I was a little girl, I used to be afraid to open my oldest brothers closet where the ouiga board was, then my mom moved it down into the basement... so I would get the creeps every time I went into the basement. I covered it and hid it under the stairs.

4. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

The only thing I am fearful of is getting stuck in an elevator and the breaks giving out. I take the stairs most of the time but if I have to I suck it up and take the elevator.

It's not a fear just being uncomfrotable with driving around big rigs, I hate when they are all around me, blocking me in so I can't get out around them.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image95
      Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I got stuck in a hospital elevator once when I was young, and ever since I've been nervous around them. I'd rather take an escalator or stairs. I can go in an elevator but I won't like it.

5. Jordan1990 profile image61
    Jordan1990posted 7 years ago

They have too many legs! Nothing should have that many legs! I can't even handle little money spiders...I shiver at the thought.

Funny i was looking up spiders yesterday just to read and learn, i never knew a camel spider existed check it out

1. 0
        Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

camel spider? wow I have to see that and nope no fear of spiders. smile

I use to collect spiders in glass jars when i was a lil girl, i always thought they were beautiful. yea camel spider, they are pretty creepy

6. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

Spiders are creepy, and I hate it when birds fly inside the house. I have no problem with them outside, but if they fly in the kitchen while I'm sitting there having lunch, I am under the table like a shot. Seriously. I don't want to get a bomb dropped on my sandwich.

Snakes are terrifying too.

I found a garter snake and kept him ^_^ hes so cute but such a hunger for fishes

7. dejajolie profile image61
    dejajolieposted 7 years ago

well since you said irrational I have a fear of....HAIR- ok let me explain loose hair, clumped hair in a drain, hair balls on the floor, etc. When I was younger I use to pay my brother to clean my brushes out, and when he wanted to be mean he would chase me around the house with a handfull of hair.......Aaaagh! Lastly, bugs, all except Ladybugs and butterflies..... I know now you all must think I'm a freak!

8. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 7 years ago

For some reason I fear heights like crazy but in a odd way. If I am in an airplane it really does not bother me at all. But if I am walking up open stairs you know those ones that are metal and you can see though I get up about 4 flights and I freeze up in most cases HAHAHA there my deep dark secret tongue

9. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

There was a hell of a funny scene years ago. Our friend's neighbour had a mole snake in their yard. So my brother went round there with a shovel, and I was given a bottle. This friend of ours, who was completely bonkers and drunk, said, "Get the snake's venom in the bottle." Mole snakes aren't venomous as far as I know.

My brother ended up chopping the thing's head off with the shovel and throwing it in the bin, wrapped up in a plastic bag.