jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

How do delete an entire account?

1. Gift Scout profile image60
    Gift Scoutposted 8 years ago

I'm so upset at the loss of my hub I just want to delete the entire account. How do I do that?

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

The only way a hub will disappear is if you, or someone logged into your account clicks the delete button on it (with a confirmation step).  Even then you have a period of time in which you can undelete the hub.  At any rate, here is how to go about closing your account:

1. makemoneyonline profile image61
      makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Wouldn't be possible to have an XML export like in Wordpress though Hubpages structure is more sophisticated so more difficult to do it ?

3. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

The internet is a quirky place, Gift Scout.  I hope you decide not to give up, Hubpages is a great place.

If you do decide to head on out, best of luck to you!

4. Gift Scout profile image60

I thank you for your help. I'm just so disappointed. I spent a LOT of time building the hub, it was published, and I revisited it and added to it several times. I can assure you that I did not delete it. I have learned a lesson: NEVER type directly into the text entry fields of any of these sites (Squidoo, HubPages, et al). Type into a text doc on your hard drive, SAVE, and insert your copy into the text field.

So much of this stuff is just reguritated "articles" found from free article sites, maybe reworked a little bit, and plugged in as your own work. Mine WAS my own work. HubPages seemed so much easier to work with than Squidoo and I really liked it, but I can't trust it.

I may get over this, but right now I'm ready to throw in the towel!

1. 0
      simcoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

don't throw in the towel just yet.....give it a chance HP is a good place to be and is easier than squidoo.smile

5. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

My goodness what a claim!!

Hubpages has a dulicate content filter, Gift Scout.  I can understand your frustration, and certainly respect the lesson you've learned about saving your work prior to publishing, just in case, but please do not demean the content on Hubpages.  There are plenty of ways to report the content you find that you believe to be 'regurgitated' without misplacing your frustration over the loss of your hub.

My suggestion would be to try again.  Like I said, the internet is quirky and you may find it sticks this time.  Make sure you follow all prompts and such, and once you're ready to publish it, make sure that you've put all the content on it you want to, Hubpages likes finished Hubs more than it likes works in progress. tongue

Good luck, sweetie.

6. StefanMDP profile image64
    StefanMDPposted 8 years ago

Hi Gift Scout

Still with us?

I found your hub: … &gl=ar

I also saved a copy

1. djtphn1 profile image81
      djtphn1posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Wow, great Stefan....how did you find it?  I hope she is still here to get this.

1. StefanMDP profile image64
        StefanMDPposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I supposed that if it was published, there were big chances that google has seen it.

Then, googled a hub by Gift Scout :

site:hubpages.com/hub/ intext:"by gift scout"

One result, click on Cached

7. Gift Scout profile image60

First, I really didn't mean to disparage HubPages content specifically, but rather just general "reworked" article content, but that said, I shouldn't have made any reference to that in the first place -- it simply is not relevant.

Second, Hooray, there's my hub (for all to see that it isn't really as wonderful as I said/thought it was).

Third, but it's not in my account. So, what do I do? Just copy from this cached file? At least there it is, available for me to do that.

The fact that it was found in its entirety through a Google search -- an it was only a couple of days old -- attests BIG TIME to the significance of HubPages.com and the advantage of creating hubs!

I'm calm now, and I want to thank those of you who responded so promptly and most particularly those of you who went the extra step to help. Yes, I just ran away mad, and if someone hadn't emailed me, I probably would have missed this entirely.

I belong to many support forums. I can say without reservation that the members of this forum have been most helpful! The guys at b2evolution's support forum are great as well. It's so nice not to have your hand slapped. I was rash. All of the previous and subsequent readers have my apologies!

8. djtphn1 profile image81
    djtphn1posted 8 years ago

Glad you are back and it was me who emailed you, so welcome back......