jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What is The Best Christmas Dinner

1. Curles2000 profile image80
    Curles2000posted 7 years ago

Tell me what you think chistmas dinner should be.

1. heart4theword profile image64
      heart4thewordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think top of my list is...one I don't have to make:)  Yet Christmas dinner is not the same without hot food, and butterhorn rolls is a must!!  Homemade that is:)  Whoever makes them, might as well make some cinnamon rolls while they are at it!!!  They will be make lasting memories and warm the tummies:)

2. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Everything you could possibly immagine on a Table in a Good Housekeeping setting, everything; Turkey, Hams, deserts, wine, dressing, vegitables, everything and very beautifuly plated. Then pack it all up in boxes and take it to a family that really has nothing and set thier table for them and give it all to them.

Then go home, make a nice leftover turkey sandwich for two, with a Glass of wine, turn the lights down, turn your Christmass tree on with you favorite music...make it sweet and comfortable. and Just cuddle quietly, listen to the music, and thank God for all that you do have.

Best Christmass ever...

3. aroberts profile image33
      arobertsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think it can be anything at all, meat fish or vegetarian, but MUST include Brussels Sprouts

2. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Turkey!Turkey!Turkey! It's usually ham.

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

And you chose the 30 Day HubChallenge forum for this?  We Have a Food Forum guys/gals.

4. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

The best for me is the one I am always planning on for the next. I haven't planned this years yet. Don't like goose I have found out. It usually revolves around some roasted beast of some sort, maybe this year I will try basset hound as my one pup has pissed me off and eaten my dam glasses, I can barely see properly to read or write, now I need to get to the eye doctor. shite! Anyone out there have a dog recipe? wink

5. kerryg profile image86
    kerrygposted 7 years ago

We're not really into roasted beasts, so we have spaghetti with my dad's homemade pesto (green) and pasta sauce raphael (red). Then we have a big Christmas morning brunch instead:

* dutch brunch baby
    * coffeecake
    * orange french toast
    * scalloped potatoes with sausage
    * Christmas morning fruit salad (not your everyday fruit salad - it involves heavy cream and neufchatel)

Yum, yum. smile

6. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Potluck dinners (35 in family gathering )here and there's always a variety smile

7. Jordan1990 profile image59
    Jordan1990posted 7 years ago

Turkey, roast potatoes, peas, carrots, sprouts, stuffing, Yorkshire puddings and a trifle for dessert smile