jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Adsense Account Disabled Email - Phishing Scam Beware Hubbers

1. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

Do Not Click on the Attached File with Such Emails.

At present most publishers are getting such emails from an email id adsense-adclicks-noreply@google.com

http://domainnamewire.com/2009/10/15/be … hing-scam/

No one should not reply or click on any links in such email address as it is Fake and is being send to most publishers and I received this fake mail in the email address i gave in my profile page in hubpages.

Hubpages should Prevent spam email collecting software bots from accessing Hubpages.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

HubPages has nothing to do with preventing spam email sent to your email address. You have your email address printed out on the page with a link, that is just asking for spammers to spam you.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You have the contact feature enabled.  If you don't want your email to be accessible via HubPages, you should turn that feature off.  That's how they get it.

1. sunforged profile image64
        sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They also have an email address on their profile page and perhaps on other page that display adsense

email scraping bots are free and easy to run, then they just throw tons of crap at the wall and hope it sticks

whenever you post an email online, just make your life easier and write it as

youraddress (at) wherever (dot) com  or something similar that a human understands but a bot does not

the enabled contact feature on hubpage is far less likely to be scraped  as it is a remailer - thats why the email comes from hubs when you receive it

2. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I honestly wouldn't answer it anyway it certainly would not make any sense. smile

3. 0
  4. advisor4qb profile image77
    advisor4qbposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up!

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Thanks too. It's always worrisome when these things show up claiming to be from adsense.

6. 0
    Ryan Kettposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on this one, what is it that they gain? Just an email address? Not access to adsense accounts?

They try to get you to divulge your password for AdSense.

7. 0

That email has given a shock for everyone and thousands of people have already received such emails. I would bet 75 % of people will click on the link and download it without thinking anything.

I doubt it, I am sure most people on the Internet have become more savvy than that.

working