jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Copyright Theft, DMCA ...

1. earner profile image84
    earnerposted 7 years ago

I've just had my first copyright notice come up in my hubs listings.  Somebody without an original thought in their brain has copied one of my hubs to fill a section of their site.  They've then topped/tailed it with a short paragraph of their own stuff.

So, I'll spend the rest of today trying to find out how to file a DMCA notice I guess.  They have no email address, just a house address. I could leave it 3 weeks then go bang on their door as it's only 200 miles away and I'll be down that way next month and know their village.

Is there a "filing a DMCA" page on hubpages I can refer to?

To be honest, I'd rather just bill them £1000 for using it.

1. emievil profile image85
      emievilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi earner. When the docstock problem came up, we could file DMCA complaints on the site itself through the 'DMCA' button found below. Did you see this on the site of the one who copied your hub?

earnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No - and I've never seen a DMCA link/page on any site before.

This is just some bloke sat in his house creating websites.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
          Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can report him to his webhost. I'm sure there is a link to them somewhere.

2. Lady_E profile image82
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is becoming rampant now and I'd rather bill them £1000 too, if I knew how to.

Google complaint form:

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … _complaint

3. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You want to find the DMCA notice guideline page for the site you have to send the notice to.  They'll let you know any specifics that need to be in the letter as well as where (what email) you have to send it to, or if they require a hardcopy mailed or faxed.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I had the HP team help me. Shoot them a email. smile

earnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Cheers, I'll do th at.

If the worst comes to the worst I'll go and knock on his door smile

3. sabrebIade profile image86
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

Good luck with the DMCAs.
    I have filed probably ten, and I think one actually took a site down.

I've been arguing with Blogger now for about 3 weeks about a site that's entire content is nothing but my blogs.
    I even started linking back to my own sites in the posts, and they copy that too.
    So if they look at their sites, they have to see my link.

But still, I wish you luck!

4. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I have this hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/Copied-Content

Sometimes it may be easier to go straight to Google, especially if they feature ads.

I know one time I went to the site and filed a report with them, and they demanded me prove it was my content before they'd touch it. I provided dates for when mine was published and they said that wasn't good enough because I could be making it up. Some websites are a-holes. Good luck.

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I take one day per month and file NOIs to various sites.  And the only people who have been bad about it are care2.com.  Everyone else has either complied right away, or after I sent a notice to their ISP.