jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Hubpages Needs a Subscription Feature for Non-Members

1. Jimmy Boyd profile image78
    Jimmy Boydposted 7 years ago

As an Internet marketer and list builder, I can't for the life of me understand why Hubpages is throwing away so much money.

There should be a subscription box located right below the text on every hub. This box would allow anyone to subscribe to that hubber and receive a message for every new hub published (the same as when you join someone as a fan).

There is no reason for some random surfer visiting from Yahoo after searching for flying saucers or recipes or whatever to register as a Hubber. So those people are lost unless they go through the hassle of registering. This is not wise in Internet marketing. Every expert will tell you to make it easy for your visitors to subscribe so you can follow up with them through email.

It is very easy to get subscribers when you make it easy. Most one-time visitors will never see the Join xxx's Fan Club link on the right and certainly won't register. But they would enter their name and email for further updates if given that option in a visible way (a standard subscription form right below the content of each Hub).

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

that does sound like it might be a good idea. perhaps the reason why it's not there is HP would rather the random visitor would join, which if subscribed to a hubber may end up registering anyway after receiving updates.

youtube makes it easy to subscribe on every page. I often subscribe to posters there if I like their music picks.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I always have a footer at end of my hubs informing people they can subscribe by email or rss and join HP for free hmm I think other authors do the same.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I only see an rss for comments, they have to scroll up the page to get rss for hubber. hmm