Rating for registered users only

1. 60
    freelinksposted 9 years ago

From my own observations and after talking to a friend who is a hubber as well, there seems to be a (common?) problem:

You publish a hub, visitors start coming, positive votes, no or very little thumbs down. In case google grabs it and ranks it well, the thumbs down suddenly start coming in and the percentage of negative votes is much higher than before.

So, as long as hubpage users rate, rating seems fair and nice, once others spot you in search engine spots they don't want you to see in, they try ruining your hubs.

While I think the rating and spam report system is a great feature to ensure quality, the fact that it's completely anonymous and no registration is needed for rating and flagging makes it very vulnerable to abuse.

So, my suggestion would be: Rely on community votes, make creating an account mandatory before anyone can vote or flag.

Don't get me wrong, if people don't like a hub, it deserves bad votes or maybe even flags if it's really bad, but if people just do it because they don't like the fact that google lists a hub well, it's sad and unfair.

2. spuds profile image22
    spudsposted 9 years ago

I second the call for only registered users to be able to Thumb UP or DOWN a hub.