jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Day 5: Tired and Blocked

1. spudnik8 profile image61
    spudnik8posted 7 years ago

I'm into Day 5 of my challenge, and am now having massive issues with the hub I'm working on.

I'm just really tired after a crazy night of tracking down spare keys to my flat.  I'm house sitting for my parents at the moment, but I had to go back to my flat to feed the cat everyday (my flat's about an hour away from my parents). So I drove all the way back to my flat only to realise I had left my stupid keys back at my parents.

So I tried to get the spare from my boyfriend's parents, who had left them in their shed ('cause they are away overseas at the moment as well).   But of course when I got there, I found out that boyfriend's aunty had took them inside the house for safety.  Uggghhh!  To cut a long story short, I didn't get back to my parent's place till well after midnight.

Now I'm sitting in front of my computer with an article that I've been working on for the last two days.  It is not working, and I don't know if I should burn it, flush it down the loo or feed it to the cat... I'm just tired and ranting.

1. yoshi97 profile image89
      yoshi97posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Burn it? Could cause a fire

Flush it? Could clog the commode

Feed it to the cat? I spoke to fluffy and he prefers tuna

As such, I would let that one unpublished and move onto another hub. If the inspirational muse grabs at you later you could always finish it then. smile

1. spudnik8 profile image61
        spudnik8posted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol.  Funny that Pedro and Angel also do not fancy electronic bytes.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Writing should be done in the most uplifting environment possible tongue yeah, sound corny but is best to write when there are no other pressing matters to worry about since you do end up stressing yourself out. Review your activities and set a schedule. Best method for me that works without the stress wink

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

Who says you have to finish that hub before working on another?  Write about something fun.  Most of us have 10-12 (or more!) unfinished hubs sitting around.  Don't stress.  Have fun!  I've scrapped hubs before, I've set them aside for weeks, I've deleted them.  Deleting is a last resort.

4. spudnik8 profile image61
    spudnik8posted 7 years ago

Thanks guys for all the great tips!  I will work on something else and come back to this hub.  And Dame Scribe, your advise is not corny, it makes sense.  I will work when I'm feeling more relaxed and less stressed.