jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Photo Hubs

1. jenblacksheep profile image83
    jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

I was thinking about doing a hub of some photos I took when I was out at the zoo the other week. I'm guessing there aren't really any benefits of doing this, other than maybe some nice comments from other hubbers. I was wondering what the minimum number of words I would need for it to have any chance of finding its way onto a Google search ... or in fact whether there is really any point in bothering at all?

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You could either have a hub about your trip to the zoo. Some personal recommendations and tips would be of help to anyone else planning on making a visit. And use the photos.

Or you could research information on each individual animal, if that's what interests you, and add the images to accompany each hub.

2. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I think the answer you will get is anywhere from 200 to 1,200 words. Just do it. We all want to see photos from your trip to South America! It may not make you money, but it will make us happy! smile

3. jenblacksheep profile image83

I will do some hubs on that soon I promise. and I'll put the pictures in them. I just don't have Word at the moment, which makes it difficult to write anything. As soon as I sort myself out with a Word Processor of some kind then I will get on the Venezuela hubs.

4. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

You can get views from image searches. I know of several photo hubs.

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If your Hub has less than 100 words, you will get an automated "substandard" warning from the HubPages system.

1. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry Relache, but that must not mean a whole lot to some of the hubs that are ALL pictures, no words.

2. Misha profile image77
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think at least at some point it was 250?

6. relache profile image88

It's true that a lot of authors ignore the substandard warning.  But then again, so do people who post duplicate content.  However, triggering those warnings also triggers an automatic reduction in HubScore so if you care about that sort of thing, it's good to know about.

And since Jen has an AuthorScore of 90, she seems like a quality content producer who would care to know.

7. relache profile image88

Misha, a few weeks back someone asked and Maddie's answer was to have at least 100 words.  The forums have been so busy, I can't find the post.

1. Misha profile image77
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Come on, I trust you, no need for searching. Thanks. smile

8. Envoy profile image61
    Envoyposted 7 years ago

I love pix smile
    I try for at least 600 words; labeling pictures might help you get there. I thought I would let you know that there is a free program like word (I do free stuff samples & freebies lol my hobby) It is called Openoffice (dot org) it is totally free smile I was without word for 2 months b4 a friend told me about it ugh
    I had to stop in & share that lol Have a great night smile

9. jenblacksheep profile image83

Thanks guys for your comments. I don't think it will be a problem for me to get to 100 words, can probably manage 200. I wanted words to be an accompaniment to the photos rather than the other way round, but I'm sure I can figure something out. Wouldn't want to be labelled as substandard!!!

working