jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What would you consider sucessful??

1. funkystock profile image60
    funkystockposted 7 years ago

I just recently signed up for hubpages and have written 3 hubs.  I have tried quite a bit to get the word out thru other avenues than hubpages.  For the more experienced hubbers what range of response would you consider you hub to be sucessful.  I don't really have anything to compare it to.  Just trying to maximize my distribution..thanks in advance

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

In the early days, you will get very little traffic, no matter what you do.  It can take time for the search engines to notice your Hubs - and when they do, they can drop them just as quickly. It takes a while for them to find their place.   Unless you're very savvy about SEO etc, the average Hubber makes next to nothing for the first few months.  Once the money starts trickling in, though, it improves every week.

If you participate in the forums and comment on other people's Hubs, you'll get more visits from other Hubbers, but that's not paying traffic.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The best way to determine success on HubPages is for you to set your own goals, and then best them. 

Each writer has different levels of experience, writing skills, and purpose for being here, so there's no benchmark guidelines for what is successful.

1. 60
      C.J. Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thats exactly what my response was going to be.  Exceede your own expectations.

3. retellect profile image79
    retellectposted 7 years ago

Another good way to start is by providing good quality and relevant content, relying on search engines to find you. If you use analytics, you will see what is bringing visitors to your site. I recommend choosing sub topics for your best performing hub and interlink them. Good luck! smile

Here's a link to analytics:

4. funkystock profile image60
    funkystockposted 7 years ago

Thanks, I did sign up for google analytics but they produced an html code and I am not quite sure where I should be inserting that into my page..doesn't seem to really be a place for it.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image89
      Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Follow the instructions here:

1. eaglehubber profile image59
        eaglehubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nice posts from what I have read. I got google analytics just a while ago too. Does this mean you have to paste the code in all of your individual hubs? This is a WYSIWYG kind of thing in our dashboard right?.. and the only thing to insert the code is through the view source. Anyone who tried it? Kindly share. thanks

5. rumbling profile image36
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

"Success is a journey , not a destination" , I heard that in Toast Masters , I'm sure someone famous said that smile
    To me success is keep improving yourself , and what realche said is a good way to measure it , set goals , achieve them and improve upon your goal