jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Looking to Close Hub Pages Account and Offload Hubs...

1. Curious Traveller profile image86
    Curious Travellerposted 7 years ago

Hello, all

This is the male half of Curious Traveller writing.

Unfortunately, my female half and I have now not only separated as a couple but are no longer on speaking terms. She has made it quite clear that she has no interest in any continued venture and I just want to get on with my own life.

The reason that I am posting this message is that neither of us clearly wants to continue with the Hubs thus created but it seems like a shame simply to delete them or let them die a natural death.

My question is thus:

Is it possible to transfer ownership of a Hub to an interested party or do I simply have to delete them and let their content die?

Thanks for any help that anyone can give me,

Male Curious Traveller

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hubs are non-transferable at this time.

2. Curious Traveller profile image86
    Curious Travellerposted 7 years ago

Thanks, relache

I wasn't sure but I suspected that may be the case. I will leave them in place therefore but should anyone wish the content of them, let me know and you are welcome to it, whilst I shall delete the original to save any Google misunderstandings.

Please note that I am not looking for recompense. I simply think it would be sad to let at least some fairly good content die.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Why not just keep them and re-develop them for yourself?

4. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I dont see any reason to delete, if you dont want to develop leave you ids in place and walk away - its good content, perhaps it is or will compensate you over the time.

As for transfer, Hubs are only identified by an email address, which is editable, so the account (not hubs specifically) are indeed transferable.

I strongly suggest just leaving it intact and seeing what happens - if you refuse and must destroy the account (perhaps it was created jointly, and you cant stand the nostalgia?) I would gladly take the account or the content, if it means keeping it from being destroyed unnecessarily.

I offer my stewardship until you change your mind

5. Rehma Jamshed profile image60
    Rehma Jamshedposted 7 years ago

Sorry to hear about the mishap Curious Traveller! Dont delete the account. Why waste good content!