jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Google Webmaster Tool??

1. vkparent profile image60
    vkparentposted 7 years ago

Should I or do I need to use webmaster tool?  I want to make sure if someone is looking up about anything that I post they can find it on Google.  I read some the forum question that asked about Google Keyword and that seems helpful but I didn't know if I should use Webmaster tool or if I needed to you if Hubpages already did that for you.  I check out the help area and couldn't find anything specifically addressing my question and I browsed a couple pages of this forum and didn't find anything so I decided to ask.  So should I verify my page with Google webmaster and should I do it with every page/hub that I write? Thanks!

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's worthwhile if you have your own website, but you can't verify your Hubs because you can't paste in the code - so you can't use Google Webmaster tools with HubPages.

2. rumbling profile image26
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

Hub pages do track broken links and you can check which keywords you are ranking for using Google Analytics.
    I guess what you mean by "I want to make sure if someone is looking up about anything that I post they can find it on Google" is that your hubs are visible in search engines. Every hub gets indexed in Google within week , so if you are going to use web master tools only to find out whether you hub is indexed in search engines then I guess it is not worth it.
    Anyway you need to add a meta tag to your website to verify the site , I don't know whether you can do that in hub pages

3. vkparent profile image60
    vkparentposted 7 years ago

yeah that is what I thought.  I just wanted to make sure.  Lol.  Thanks for the info.

working