jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Could We Have A "Search" Option On Videos, Please?

1. Inspirepub profile image90
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

We can enter keywords and see the search results when we put in a News module - it would be great to be able to search You Tube from within HubPages instead of opening a separate page and copying across the URL once we have found a good video.

And what about a "video wall" option, with a dynamic keyword-based selection of current videos?

2. kpfingaz profile image71
    kpfingazposted 8 years ago

Search would be good.

On the other thing....no.

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Why? It's hard enough finding decent videos using youtube's search facility.

Personally, I find the content I want for my hubs before I start putting them together.

I won't open a video capsule until I already have something to go in it.

Many of the videos are mis-tagged anyway, so I don't see the value of that option either.

4. Inspirepub profile image90

I just like being able to do all the searching in the one place.

I'd love to be able to search Technorati for relevant blog feeds from inside HubPages, too.

For myself, I am basically a text-oriented person, so I don't have a whole bunch of pre-existing links for images, video, audio, etc. But I know multi-media is what the market wants, and it's what makes a Hub better than a page on an article site.

I guess I just need to bite the bullet and spend a few hours a week trawling for good, new multi-media content.

Or make some.

5. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I don't have any pre existing links either. I find them as needed when I am doing the research for whatever I am writing about.

I guess it would be helpful, but there are so many sources, how could you search through all those in hubpages? Technorati and Youtube are only two. I probably look through 200 for some things.

6. Inspirepub profile image90

I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to online video, I'm afraid.

I know about You Tube and Google video, and otherwise it's a black hole.

I just don't have time to watch all these videos people are posting!

I know some people love video, but for me it takes waaaay too long to get information that way. I can read a transcript of a 90-minute video in about 10 minutes, and pull out all the new information with about 80% retention.

There is no way I could ever bear to watch videos from 50 or 100 different sites.

Maybe I just need to stick a job on Rent-a-Coder or eLance to get someone else to do it for me!