Here is my latest fraud email, un-believeable stupidity!

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (27 posts)
  1. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 14 years ago

This one is un-believable some one would even try it, shear stupidity
    had to pass it on.

OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
    441 4th Street NW, Suite 1145S
    Washington, DC 20001

I received instruction from the Police Department ,Home land Security and the Federal Bureau
    of Investigation (FBI) here in the United States of America to prosecute you over allegations of money laundering and terrorist ($10m usd) related activities to which there is over whelming evidence of your nvolvement.

Note a copy of this email have been forwarded to the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA POLICE/AUTHORITIESand will be ordered for your immediate arrest.

The need for your urgent prosecution arose from your inability to secure the mandatory Clearance Certificatefrom the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nigeria inspite of several opportunities given to you by the Police Department,Home land Security and FBI.

Inview of the indicting report submitted to the Police Department ,Home land Security and FBI by theEconomic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the Police Department, Home land Security and FBI has recommended for your immediate prosecution.

You just have to obtain the required Certificate from EFCC- CHAIRMAN, MRS. FARIDA WAZIRI here is her e-mail address : wazirifa22@yahoo.co.jp and the Certificate will cost you $370.00 only

We are giving you notice of service of writing of summons after seven days of receiving this letter by mail. If after the seven days and you are not able to obtain the Certificate to clear yourself before the Police Department ,Home land Security and FBI, Legal prosecution will begin immediately.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

Yours in service,
    Attorney General

Eric Holder

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

these spammers and scammers are getting very clever. i never open spam but one caught my eye yesterday in my spam folder. the subject line said 'Your content has been stolen! so i looked at it and there was nothing in there but someone trying to sell something.

dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I actualy looked up the email for the Attorney Gen. Office in Washington DC, the email he sent had a return addr. (a real dummy!)
      and I sent it to them in DC. Hope he gets busted, probably will not.

Jon

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Wow.  This one reads like Dumber met Dumbest and they had kids!

4. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

This is crazy!  What kind of an idiot would fall for such nonsense?

1. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shit!well there goes another $370.Why didn't somebody tell me it was a scam?I even closed down my whore house, drug ring, and gambling parlor.Damn!

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Wow! I just love that! lol

6. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

It's always obvious to me when something like this is a scam.  I'm certified to teach English on BOTH coasts.  Clearly this letter was written by someone who has ANOTHER language as their "first" language.
    I can tell when someone simply didn't pay attention in high school and when someone was raised with another language as their "first" language.
    That's why I find it funny (in a sad, pathetic way)when someone whose "first" language is obviously NOT English gets high scores on a writing site.
    Strange how a site that insists on the use of the English language does not penalize those who clearly cannot use it correctly.
    Yes, you would think the scammers would take the time to hire someone to ghostwrite for them or at least EDIT their material.  Then again, if they did even more stupid people in the world would lose their money; wouldn't they?

7. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Well, this is a particularly creative one.  These clowns have managed to mix the US government, whoever the so-called people are in Nigeria, paying to buy one's way out of this make-believe "legal trouble" - and to top it all off,  someone is stupid enough to think the US government's first contact with someone it plans to prosecute is through e.mail. 

FYI to Any Scammers/Potential Scammers Reading Here:  The police and government officials in the US do not deal in e.mails, you morons.  If there's one thing worse than a clever scammer, it's a dumb scammer.

I agree Lisa, this dummy even let his real email go out with it....lol, what a genius

Jon

8. ledefensetech profile image69
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

More clever?  Jeez these guys still need the services of a good copywriter.  Plus if I were running a foreign scam I'd probably use not only an American name, but also something that ended in, oh I don't know, .gov.  Anyone who gets taken in by this deserves everything they get.

9. thranax profile image74
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Roflmao.

~thranax~

10. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

omg! Best fraud e-mail, EVER! Hands down. (That I've seen anyways...)I almost want to print it out and put it on the wall. Too funny.

11. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

You're in big trouble buddy.

I'll allow you to use my secret underground bunker until things blow over for $185.00.

been waiting for the big black cadillac to pull up any min. now! lolol

12. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I've never fallen for one of these. They just sound too fishy. Plus, if it was that important, it wouldn't just come in an email. It would be sent certified mail or something. The whole thing is totally ridiculous.

13. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

Wow! I'm jealous. I still only get the ones that tell my I won the EU lottery . . .

14. ledefensetech profile image69
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

No I think I just got the ultimate in email fraud today:

One of the things I found suspicious was the hushmail account.  Basically hushmail is one of those "keep your privacy" email sites that allow you to set up a throwaway email account.  Second was the use of tinyurl.  It makes sense to use that in a forum or tweet, as you may be limited in the number of characters you can use in those media.  It does not make sense in an email. 

So to continue my investigation, I clicked on the site, which forwarded me to http://processor.paychecks-now.com/

Hmm.  This sounds suspiciously like the stuff envelopes for cash scam that has been around forever, only updated for the 21st century.  Now I go to Google.  Ah, Google my friend, you never let me down.  Doing a search of the website name, I find dozens of similar sites from all over the world.  Uh oh, doesn't look good.  http://www.google.com/search?source=ig& … =&aqi=

So finally, I search Google for email processor and find, you guessed it, pages detailing how email processing is a scam.  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … aqi=g9g-s1

This helpful ezine article was on the first page:  http://ezinearticles.com/?Email-Process … p;id=65611

That is how you detect a fraud.  As frauds go, this one was pretty good.  But a little research "busts" this particular scam.

15. dejajolie profile image59
    dejajolieposted 14 years ago

lol, wow and I thought the "you've won the lottery and I can wire you the money just give me your bank account info" was weird....LMBO

16. agnstege profile image58
    agnstegeposted 14 years ago

But seriously guys, I agree it's probably all a scam, but the means by which we're investigating is at least as flawed as the subject being investigated.
    Every piece of evidence gathered from google searches proclaiming the subject (in this case email processing) a scam, is trying to sell you something which they claim is "the real way to make money online".

It would seem to be an extremely popular technique, to appear helpful to the reader and then gently nudge them in the direction of your product.

Sadly, I find I can't believe a single review out there on any "making money from home opportunities", and like most others out there I cannot afford to try them out either.

17. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Lol...yes, a government agency would have a Yahoo email address smile

18. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Okay, I tried to post here 3 times. I can't see my postings except when I go to reply. I would like to delete the other two...

Never mind...they showed up big_smile

19. fishtiger58 profile image69
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

What a sorry mess this scammer business is. Some people actually fall for it. I wish the powers that be could do something about it. My junk email box is full of this crap.

20. Choke Frantic profile image70
    Choke Franticposted 14 years ago

I recently got an email from a friend with a suspicious link in it. Without clicking the link or replying to the email, I sent him a new email saying his comp had probably been taken over by malware and that it had probably emailed everyone on his contact list. Of course, it did. Those kind of things really suck, they're all over MySpace and such to, leading you to sites that will automatically give you malware... -sigh-

21. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

lmao..the lenghths people go to...how rediculous

22. aoiffe379 profile image59
    aoiffe379posted 14 years ago

You should see the scams in which so-called millionaires want to help you to earn your first million by being a copycat or duplicator of their ideas- in ebooks that get branded, hot selling videos and other tickle your greed/boost your ego upsell.Sometimes they make it easy by offering freebies and bonuses. They may even promise not to harvest or sell your email address.Wow! Whether from Nigeria, United States or Australia etc.scammers are born and begin to operate every split second!

23. Sanarya profile image59
    Sanaryaposted 14 years ago

The funniest one I ever had was from a chinease atorney; his wealthy client had pass away and guess what .... so was the rest of his familly because they were just happen to hoildaying together when a tsunami came around and kill the load of them.
    the attorney find my name (which if you pronunce it with a chinease accent might just sound really chinease!)suggest I claim the dead man wealth -the attorney will have process the claim and we will have share the money!
    Crazy no?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)