jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Hub Metrics

1. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I have a hub just under 1,000 words that gets approx. 100 visitors per day. The hub metrics shows View Duration and Incoming Links at 5 stars. But the revenue potential only shows at a single $. How is that calculated?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Revenue potential is an extremely general and rough concept most influenced by your choice of tags.  It means you've got a high traffic, well-linked Hub on a topic with very low-payout potential based on what those words earn.

I detailed some of the worst keywords based on my own experiences on this Hub, http://hubpages.com/hub/Fine-Tuning-Your-Hubs

3. lrohner profile image86

And I thought I had read all of your helpful hubs. smile Thanks, Relache!

When you say "tags", do you just mean in the tags section of the hub or throughout the hub in general? I know that my keywords for this particular hub aren't necessarily high paying, but I was hoping to perform more on quantity. And that's just not happening. I'm lucky to get 2 or 3 clicks/week on this one. I do actually earn way more on much less trafficked hubs.

4. relache profile image88

From my experiments, the "earning potential" metric seems to be directly effected by the tags list and not the overall content.

1. kephrira profile image60
      kephriraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The earning potential metric may be, but I think for actual earning potential you should look at the content too.

5. lrohner profile image86

Thank you, ma'am!

6. relache profile image88

The earning metric is just a symbolic concept.  It's just to give you a rough idea about your tags.  Your Hubs may earn a lot more or a lot less than the metrics indicate.

7. thaninja profile image72
    thaninjaposted 7 years ago

Thanks for this info!  That is great to know.

8. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

what does it mean under view duration if it says not measured yet.

does that mean it hasn't been indexed by search engines?

working