jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Web 2 sites for 16 year olds.

1. viryabo profile image87
    viryaboposted 7 years ago

My God-daughter see how much i enjoy hubpages and is in awe of the hours i spend here.
    She wants to do something like writing online, but she is not eligible for HP. She's 16.
    Are there any similar sites she can join, write and earn a bit?
    Will appreciate your response. smile
    Thanks.

2. thranax profile image52
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

In general kids can't earn money online. The best thing I can say is she can make her own blog or livejournal blog. Most teens under 18 who do make money online are just doing so in there parents name and keeping there id's a secret. Most of the time parents don't use there accounts anyway, its funny on the news I saw the stats right, like 20% of online money with google is actually teens and there parents do nothing, but of course that can't be proved "Anonymous survey".

~thranax~

viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Thranax. Sorry replying late. Been off line for nearly a day.
      Blogging seems a great idea, at least she can start using that and get better by the time she can join HP. smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I am not sure if you have to be 18 to have a paypal account, but if not Triond.com pays by paypal. Of course, they don't pay as well as HubPages but I make around $2 a month and payout is only 50 cents.

Off to check out Triond and see. Thank you UW for your response.
      smileI think she loves the idea of writing so this may be a good springboard for her. She wants to be a lawyer!

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You have to be 18 to sign up for AdSense too.

Thanks relache. Can't it be accumulated say, and payments effected two years from now? Silly question, but i'm curious.smile
      Would affiliates maybe be an option?

5. arthriticknee profile image87
    arthritickneeposted 7 years ago

Blogs take a while to mature so starting a non-monetized blog (or lots of them) and building traffic would be a good use of time.
    In two years with the addidtion of adsense the money should start instantaneously rather than with its usual trickle.

6. TimTurner profile image78
    TimTurnerposted 7 years ago

Just say she's 18!  I think lying for entrepreneurial spirit is ok.  Don't want to keep that down!

lol

working