jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (24 posts)

Hub flagged and removed....why?

1. Tom Cornett profile image54
    Tom Cornettposted 7 years ago

I just received an email that my "Sex with older women" hub was removed.  It has been on HubPages for at least 5 months.  I need to know what I need to change to put it back on.  I fear that many more of my hubs might be removed.  Any help would be appreciated.

The section about sex:

<snipped>

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

Hi Tom:

The hub was removed after it was flagged by the community.  HubPages does not allow graphic descriptions of sexual acts.  If you remove the description of the sex itself, that hub will be ready for republication.  (Alluding to sex or stating that it took place is usually ok.  Describing it is not.)

1. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Will you give us examples of whats ok and whats not ok, please? You can be graphic.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
        Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

wink

1. 0
          sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That means no doesn't it?

2. Tom Cornett profile image54
      Tom Cornettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for answering Maddie.  Perhaps HubPages isn't the place for creative writing.  I do understand the policy but what I don't understand is that if one person flags a hub...it is removed?  What I had written in the story is mild compared to other hubs about sex.

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You  never know, in hubpages 'twilight zone ' big_smile

3. Tom Cornett profile image54

I re-wrote it for ya...now it's called "Muffins with older women" smile

3. Tom Cornett profile image54
    Tom Cornettposted 7 years ago

Anyone know of any sites that I can transfer my creative hubs to?  There has to be sites out there that allow my kind of writing.

ABC tales. you own your copyright, you can delete whenever you want and you can publish your stuff wherever you want

Cool...thanks so much!

If you need something I'm Keiko Shizuru on there smile

Just checked it out...looks cool...thanks much!  smile

2. Tom Cornett profile image54

Just added some stuff on it under a new pen name.  Thanks much!  smile

which name ,so I go and check smile

Ooops...sorry...Larkin Williamson

I'll go and check later. Thanks smile

2. 0
      Janettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

tom--email me big_smile

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Tom,

Due to a variety of not-necessarily-new Hub authors having issues like this, I made a Hub about it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hub-Content-Guidelines

It seems that a lot of folks have skipped reading the TOS or the FAQ parts that discuss content.

Thanks relache.....I did read the TOS but I'm afraid my mistake was not realizing the margins of tolerance.  I'm fine with transferring some of my hubs that I feel might not meet the guidelines. I like writing here....but some of my stuff just doesn't fit....and that's OK.  I do wish however that when a hub is removed...the violating section would be highlighted.
      Thanks again.

2. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Top stuff!

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, O Dark One.  You're not too bad at providing Hub advice yourself.

5. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

Tom, I have had similar situations with a couple of my hubs. One was voted down from a hubmob so it became invisible, because somebody objected to the content. We all had problems on that one actually.

Another hub was flagged even though the content it contained was no different from that on many other hubs, as I found after the fact. In my case, my hub did show a bare nipple, and even though lots of others did too, mine upset somebody, and I got flagged.

I really think, based on the first instance, sometimes somebody just doesn't like what you've done and comes after you. Maybe you're getting ahead of them, LOL.

The Hub Pages team does a great job of laisse faire most of the time, but if there is a real cause, however minor we think it is in view of content that goes unflagged, then they have to respond.

Cheers and hang in there!
    Red

Thanks RedElf.....I understand moral differences and creative writing clashes a lot with some people. I try to stay within tolerance....but sometimes a story just needs to be told in a certain way.  "We kissed...we did it...I left" just isn't that interesting.
      Thanks again!  smile

working