jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Thesaurus option in hub editing

1. djtphn1 profile image81
    djtphn1posted 8 years ago

Was wondering how difficult it would be to add a thesaurus option to our hubs....we presently have spell check, and I think this would be a great addition to improve our hubs....I guess this would be one for Jason or Paul????

2. belief713 profile image78
    belief713posted 8 years ago

Yeah, that would be a neat feature. One less window to open!

3. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I've never met an online thesaurus which was any good even just for UK english.  The current spelling checker is US only so I guess a thesaurus would be US only too -and that would just be too confusing for the rest of us! Check out some of the grammar hubs there are some good ones!

djtphn1posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I thought the UK spoke English...with an accent of course, but still English so what would it matter??????The hubs have to be written in English, so thought it was a good idea....huummmmnnnn.  LOL!

4. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Well of course we speak English - it's the American's with the dialect problem I mean I actually like your abbreviation of through, it stopped my friend Geoff going to goal  when he was travelling in the USA, though when he ran out of petrol, he did lock his keys in the boot of his car and had to tramp miles along a road with no the footpath to find a telephone booth.  He put on weight too - over-ordering an entree when he wanted a small meal.  :-)

djtphn1posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I get it now,,,,what a dumb ass I am!!!!  I have been to the U.K. I remember they always said for "fu.ks sake, or something like that....I liked it there....except they smoked in nice restaurants...it was some time ago, maybe they don't do that now....oh, and the pubs closed at 11pm...but I think that changed as well.

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Love your post Lissie - are the Americans scratching their heads over some of those words now?

working