jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

high traffic no sales

1. steve1717 profile image60
    steve1717posted 7 years ago

i am experiancing a simular problem with no one buying ,have some great goods even my own shop .any ideas or tips how to turn these pages around so they start to earn..am new so all help and tips welcomed.steve g

1. earner profile image85
      earnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't want to be rude... just "as I see it"

I am very interested in your subject, but when I visited your hubs I found they had spelling/grammar errors, were poorly laid out to skim through, were confusing and quite short.

I think a lot of people are interested, but we're simple people smile

We like things to make sense to our little brains.

Good luck!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I had the same reaction - sorry!  I thought they were about the right length, though. 

Engineers are often not that good at writing - unless it's a dry report smile  I have a feeling that may be your problem!

I recommend you put all your Hubs, AND your profile, through Microsoft Word, or some other word processor that has a spelling AND grammar checker.  Watch out for things the spellchecker won't pick up, such as "your" instead of "you're".

The grammar checkers aren't great - they can produce stilted, old-fashioned language - but that's better than sentences that runs on and on, forever, with commas, in, a, lot, of, silly places and no full stops so the reader runs out of breath long before they get to the end assuming they get that far because they've probably lost the thread of what it was about when they started so they'll have given up anyway and gone to find another article about the same subject that's easier to read.

Get my drift?

The other thing is - paying traffic comes from search engines, straight to the Hub.  They probably won't look at your profile. It would be a good idea to mention your credentials in your Hubs by adding sentences like, "as an engineer with ... years experience in this field (or whatever), I can tell you that there are much better solutions than buying a ...."   

And one more thing - you haven't been here long enough to get much search engine traffic, anyway.   It usually takes a few months to get off the ground.

2. JamesCurtis profile image61
    JamesCurtisposted 7 years ago

Where is your traffic coming from? If it's internal hubpages traffic I can imagine it is curiosity rather than any real purchasing intent. Also when you say earn are you refering to Adsense/Amazon earning or do you mean click throughs to your site leading to purchases?

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I just read over all four of your Hubs.  They come off like commercials and landing pages, not really offering any genuine info or substance.  To me, it's clear you're selling something but I don't feel that you actually know anything about the topic, especially as all your links just go to more selling pages.  In fact, without having clicked through anything, I'd guess you're just offering some Clickbank book eventually.

4. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

One must learn to weave a spell with their article to enchant and seduce the reading audience and leave them breathless for more of your work wink k, a lil corny, sorry lol tongue lol but am sure you understand. smile

1. PinkWeddingDresse profile image76
      PinkWeddingDresseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi, how do you "weave a spell" with your article "to enchant and seduce the reading audience and leave them breathless for more of your work"? I am genuinely interested in that. Can you write a hub about it or direct me to one? Thanks. wink

5. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I'm curious to know what your definition is of "high traffic"?

And what you would consider to be a good click thru rate.