jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

1. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

We are currently running a test of Vibrant intext ads.  Vibrant works similarly to Kontera.  We will only be running the Vibrant ads in the HubPages share of impressions on hubs that have Kontera enabled (in place of Kontera).

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

How long do you think you'll have the ads running before you have enough info to report back on the results?

3. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

Intext ads are always hated by visitors.

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i have to agree. whenever i stumble upon articles on the web that have them, i stop reading because i feel it is just a 'land mine' of keywords, and i felt that way before HubPages. too distracting, which is why i don't use Kontera ads on my hubs.

4. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

So are you getting rid of Kontera and using Vibrant instead?

5. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

^----That decision is probably based on test results

http://www.vibrantmedia.com/  they look better than Kontera, strong advertiser base

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Does anybody here have any experience with them? From what I read it seems that you need really high volume to be successful.

1. Whitney05 profile image67
      Whitney05posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Same with Kontera. You don't really get good results unless you have high traffic volume. In most cases, they don't benefit you. That's probably going to be the same with all contextual ads.

The only thing I'd like to see in a contextual ad is that they're relevant to the page. Kontera pulls a keyword say 'grass' in a hub about feeding tortoises, and puts an ad about dead grass or something random to the keyword.

7. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

heres a small case study:

http://www.chrisguthrie.net/konteras-co … -prevails/

He says something I agree with "that he only displayed the ads to guests because he felt that intext is to obtrusive"

i agree, I experimented w/ intext on my bigger sites and ending up feeling is was damaging to my return rate and made me lose credibility

as a viewer, I hate those with a passion but never used adblock plus because Its my business to see ads, found this eventually that let me blacklist certain networks wink

8. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I know that I hate these kinds of ads and usually won't stay on a site with them unless the content is spectacular and necessary.

In all honesty it's not the kind of new monetization strategy I was hoping for. I've never had any luck with Kontera on any of my sites. Even high content - high traffic.