jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Anyone else making adsense with stories here?

1. yoshi97 profile image87
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

I was considering publishing my novel on here a chapter per hub (because the chapters weight in at 1000-5000 words. Has anyone made any adsense from this?

The reason I ask is that I'm probably going to post it anyway, but if there is no possibility of revenue then I will chose to post it without ads.

So, anyone here float on this river yet?

2. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 7 years ago

There's always a possibility of revenue. Though the chances are slim.

You may be better off publishing it as through a Print On Demand site such as cafepress.com or similar. Post a couple of sample chapters, and link to the book.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Yoshi, creative writing doesn't earn that well, and I also don't think HubPages would be the place to do it, anyway. 

Remember, to earn money, people have to come to your Hub looking for something. If they come to your Hub to read your story, they have no need to click on ads - and the ads may not be that relevant, anyway.

The only way to make money from your book is to get people to buy it, and they're not going to do that if they can get it for free on the internet.

Personally, I would be taking Darkside's advice and publishing with Lulu.com or some other POD publisher.  Then post the first chapter here (with a link to the book) and perhaps on other sites, too. 

Obviously for this to work, you need a killer first chapter - but then, you need that anyway.

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lulu was one of the ones I was trying to remember. They have an agreement through Borders don't they?

What's the one owned by Amazon?

4. yoshi97 profile image87
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

Excellent suggestions Darkside and Marisa. smile

5. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Here we go, www.createspace.com is owned by Amazon.

Check them all out. It would be interesting to see how easy (or hard) it is to get such a book listed in Amazon. I wonder if you could very well get the revenue from the book and a commission on the sale.

If you follow the POD route be sure to keep notes. And then publish a hub on "how to get published"! (27,100 global searches per month, $3.77 estimated average CPC.)

1. yoshi97 profile image87
      yoshi97posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I already wrote the hub ... problem is ... it also takes a very long time and a lot of 'this isn't right for me' messages to get there. I was looking for some quicker exposure on this book and Lulu might be the right place to find some love ... plus they have an Amazon connection. I just kinda forgot about them because I sorta got angry with them when they said they shipped me a book and I signed for it, but I never received it ... and then they sent me a copy of the signature and it was not from anyone who lived here.

Best part ... the shipper showed they were contacted to deliver the book but never picket it up from Lulu. lol! What a zoo!

6. Hope Alexander profile image80
    Hope Alexanderposted 7 years ago

Just a little hint, on CreateSpace, once your title is listed, you literally lose all control of it. It cannot be removed. Amazon will always keep a listing for it. This is a total pain in the ass if you ever decide to publish the book with another publisher.

I'd go with Lulu.com, where you actually retain control of your book entirely.

7. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

I have one short story hub - it gets some views, but has not had a single Adsense click in 5 months.  Post fiction if you want it read, not for revenue.