jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Pen Names - Multiple Personalities

1. RossMc profile image61
    RossMcposted 7 years ago

What is the policy on pen-names at Hubpages. I like to write about many often completely unrelated subjects. Is it allowed to create two or three accounts to categorize content according to topic?

The issue I face is that I like to write about and help others with content about my professional experience. But also have hobbies and activities I don't like to mix with professional information.

Is creating multiple accounts against the terms of service? I have no intention of spamming or misusing the system in anyway but have no idea how to go about this issue.

Your input would be highly appreciated.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Operating a secondary account (or several) is allowed. It's a good way to separate your topics of interest. You can use the same Adsense Publisher account, but you will need to use different email addresses for signing up.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

Yes Ross it is allowed. You must read http://hubpages.com/faq/ and http://hubpages.com/guide/overview to know HubPages better.

Welcome to Hub Pages!

3. 0
    poetlorraineposted 7 years ago

is it allowed man have you not found out yet there are really only a handful of hubbers with 100's of alter ego's welcome to the club

4. Philent profile image79
    Philentposted 7 years ago

Yes you can do that, you just need different e-mail account for each of your HP account.

5. blue dog profile image80
    blue dogposted 7 years ago

you can even substantiate your beliefs with your split personality.  you can also threaten to take down all your hubs, leave the site, and beg everyone to make you stay. you can also vilify fellow hubbers while hiding behind your fakeness.

it's really quite the sham, uh, game.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol, how about there are also topics right? you can put your hubs into separate topics with one account only...well for me because I just thought it would be confusing...i dont like to have multiple personality....but if you can manage it, then go for it..

6. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
    GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago

Well said darkside I have nothing more to say wakikik...

7. RossMc profile image61
    RossMcposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all your wise words.. So I will just keep on going. But is a personal hubscore of 3 not really low. My first hub has 63 but my own score is just 3, dropped about 25 points when I published a hub.

Well perhaps that's the normal procedure as well.

Once again

8. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 7 years ago

Hi Ross it will go up in time keep posting quality hubs and taking part int he forums and you will see your number go up pretty quickly

9. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I use multiple accounts for seperating content, In retrospect I dont think it was the best idea, hubs that are published on my primary account always seem to perform better, probably as a result of hubs inlink system - its a lot of work to maintian multiple accounts - I just seperate into categories and have let the seperated accounts fade